Think about this...

• Thread starter rahul_sharma_1980
  • Start date
A

AndrewC

No one ever answered my question. If a computer (which is good enough to play Cricket 2004) costs around $2000 and a PS2 costs around $250 then why won't they have the money to spend on a cricket game?

D

desipapa

Originally posted by AndrewC@Jan 3 2004, 07:30 AM
No one ever answered my question. If a computer (which is good enough to play Cricket 2004) costs around $2000 and a PS2 costs around $250 then why won't they have the money to spend on a cricket game?
simple...the game aint worth it!

sohummisra, howd u get it to run on a chipset?

oh btw nixon...act ur age & ur mod status. u r supposed to set an example for all, but u r worse than a hip-hop artist wen it comes to usin words.

E

electioneering

oh btw nixon...act ur age & ur mod status. u r supposed to set an example for all, but u r worse than a hip-hop artist wen it comes to usin words
Cool it man.Andrew has never said anything senseless.He is a sensible guy who hates piracy promoters and he shows that in his posts.So better follow forum rules or just get the happy thoughts outta here.

A

AndrewC

Originally posted by desipapa+Jan 3 2004, 01:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desipapa @ Jan 3 2004, 01:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-AndrewC
@Jan 3 2004, 07:30 AM
simple...the game aint worth it!

oh btw nixon...act ur age & ur mod status. u r supposed to set an example for all, but u r worse than a hip-hop artist wen it comes to usin words. [/b]
I think it's worth it... But the whole point of this thread is the guy was saying that they're not wealthy enough and blah blah blah to buy this game. But if they can afford a PS2 or a PC then they should be able to afford a game.

cyrarchy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by desipapa@Jan 3 2004, 01:20 PM
i didn't....i simply run it on my laptop which has a...lemme check.....Trident Cyberblade XP chip... so it works on that with only 16.0 mb ram...anyone else having the problems about slow gameplay?? i could only fix it by reducing the color depth to 16 bits from 32....some graphic loss tho... i doubt i'll go purchase a new card it runs fine on my laptop!

C

chiraz

Having read through this thread i must say...

PIRACY IS WRONG.... full stop!

1) it stops people developing games
2) if you REALLY want the game you`ll pay the money for it
3)"the game isn`t worth x amount of money" arguments don`t wash...if it isn`t worth it then DON`T BUY IT!
4) People from pakistan...you can order it on the `net
5) EA market their games where they can sell enough units to make a profit...not all games are released worldwide...GET OVER IT!...(take final fantasy xi...not out in europe but i ordered it off the `net!)

i`m SICK TO DEATH of people condoning piracy...that`s why i have to waste time typing in codes etc just because some people can`t be bothered to buy a game... if i was an EA developer reading this i woudn`t bother releasing another cricket game in the sub continent with some of the views expressed here (appologies to all the peeps who have a legitimate copy in India and Pakistan!)

ok i`ll come round and nick your computer/house/dog rahul sharma 1980 cos buying a new one "isn`t worth it"would that be right or fair??

C

chiraz

Originally posted by squiz@Jan 5 2004, 04:07 PM
to be fair a computer/house/dog isnt worth as much as a single CD.
isn`t it??

in that case i`ll swap your house for a CD then ;)

I

imported_potter

Well everybody gave their opinion on piracy and now its my time :lol: :lol:

Some guy in this thread said that the game is 70$. You see, in Pakistan, 70$ is about 4000 Rs. which is almost one months pay for an average guy. If an average guy wants to buy it, should he spent all of his pay roll to by a single game. Thus, he goes for the pirated version which is about 30 Rs. Now, whar EA can do to stop piracy is that drop down the price. Like if its 70$ in Aus, then it should be arround 70 Rs. in Pak. This way , people will consider it worth buying and it will help end the piracy. Coz I dont see anyother way of ending piracy in third world countries.

PS. I havent bought the game (PC version) as it wont work on my PC.

C

chiraz

Originally posted by Anil Dharani@Jan 6 2004, 12:51 AM
Well everybody gave their opinion on piracy and now its my time? :lol:? :lol:

Some guy in this thread said that the game is 70$. You see, in Pakistan, 70$ is about 4000 Rs. which is almost one months pay for an average guy. If an average guy wants to buy it, should he spent all of his pay roll to by a single game. Thus, he goes for the pirated version which is about 30 Rs. Now, whar EA can do to stop piracy is that drop down the price. Like if its 70$ in Aus, then it should be arround 70 Rs. in Pak. This way , people will consider it worth buying and it will help end the piracy. Coz I dont see anyother way of ending piracy in third world countries.

PS. I havent bought the game (PC version) as it wont work on my PC.
why should they drop the price????

IF PIRACY CONTINUES AS IT IS YOU WON`T BE ABLE TO GET ANY COPIES OF THE GAME AT ALL.....

ea won`t make `em

N

Nirav85

it is wrong to supprt piracy but also u have to understand ntot everybody has a great economy like australia or the us ...plus EA dont even sell it in pak...store owners jsut buy them off the net and sell them....and so the piracy is created from one store owner to another....look u cant stop it in pak plus it doesnt really even make a effect ot EA as that one guy bought that orginal copy...the money still goes to EA but EA dont even put the game in pak so that is welcoming piracy as EA just didnt bother to sell it there

N

Nirav85

i dont support piracy and still find it wrong....so this piost isnt saying i suport it but what i am saying is piracy in pak has little effect on the company because they really dont even sell it down there

I

imported_tegg02

agreed ...

Downloadin Music brought the Music sales down by 2% (approx) worldwide n experts say tht if downloadin music never ever existed, the music sales wud have beem down by 4% (approx) .. This is the study over the last 3 years keep in mind... but of course this is just a study I saw on a Techtv show called 'The Screen Savers'

but downloadin Games n Software I am not sure

cyrarchy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
any study can be manipulated to provide the desired result. somewhere else on this forum someone said that peer-2-peer technology actually helped music sales as shown by a study....take your pick

P

pal

Mr. Sohummisra

The person you are referring to is The Revealer who also wrote the message above you

Users who are viewing this thread