Thinking about

Aldeco

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all I am an owner of Cricket 2005 and have been playing it for a very long time but have been looking at Ricky ponting/Brian lara international cricket and am thinking about getting it have had a go at the demo which is not to bad but I have to say the players faces are a pretty poor I see thoughthat people are starting to make faces etc for them . any way were the heck do you put all the files you download such as face, Kits and stadiums I downloaded the England face pack I though I might be bale to stick it in the demo but dont know were to stick it if anyone can tell me how to do this and what are some of the feature sthat makes ricky ponting cricket stand out (id really like to hear from people who have owned cricket 2005 or at least played if for a long time and why they now play ricky ponting )

Thanks

hondeyho

International Cricketer
You can change the names with the player editor, it can do it automatically. People at planetcricket.org are trying to improve on the faces. Go to Hariz and Lazy_Chesnut's face thread on the BLIC Downloads section.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
If you've got a couple of mates to play with, in terms of multiplayer BLIC is worth picking up. If it's just for the single player experience, then BLIC soon loses it's appeal, although keep an eye on the forums because if anyone ever manages to sort out the BLIC AI, it would become a pretty good game.

themuel1

International Coach
Madman said:
well Aldeco,

the games are very different

if you want a easy, fun and arcadey game go for Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005 (WARNING!!! - the player names are fake in all modes except for official tournaments so only get the PC version)

but if you want a more "realistic" game (still sucks) stay with Cricket 2005 but make sure you use an AI Patch (if you are on the PC version)

but the most sensible thing to do would be wait for The Cricket Project, check this out www.thecricketproject.com this is legend_master's work and you can also check out its forum on here http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

hope this helps ;)

I'm not sure about the "more realism" bit, though "more bugs" for Cricket 2005 would certainly be an accurate description. Aldeco, the only way to know is to try the demo. You can listen to us debate all day, but ultimately it's down to your taste in the games.

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
Don't buy BLIC. It's unrealistic, too easy, silly AI, hard to edit, not many patches, no default domestic teams, I could go on all night. The only plusses I can think of are that the patches that we do have are top notch.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Agree with Rabblerouser... after playing Cricket 2005, BLIC is a big let down, especially if you are playing a single player game. But it's a decent game to play with ur frenz.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
stevie said:
Agreed, it's far too easy, but it does have the best bowling system seen in any cricket game so far in my opinion.

No doubt as it's fun to actually bowl in BLIC as compared to Cricket 2K5. It would have been great if AI batting had been a bit better - right now they hardly score anything and it's easy to get AI batters out cheaply.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It's all in the singles :( It's so annoying to think that if they just took those singles, or turned twos into threes, etc... They could add 100 or so runs onto each innings score, as well as rotating the strike a lot more and making it harder to bowl to plans and in turn probably adding another 50 runs in bad balls then getting bowled.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
You couldn't be more right about it being all to do with the singles. Taking singles would add to the AI's batsman confidence, so it would probably end up with alot more than say 100 runs.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Hope Codemasters fix the problem... knowing Codemasters, they probably will in the next edition and that will make one good game :)

simran3

Club Captain
Hmm different games

Ea rules and the best thing that ever happened to mankind ....err...noooo..in reality ...ea is big money making ....machine ....and a screwed up organisation which does not make any patches or offer any support once people buy its products specially in particular cricket games ...

They use the same ai in all there recent cricket games ....and personally i think there games have good graphics gr8 presentation but thats where the honeymoon ends and the crappy game plays gets going :boxing

codemasters on the other hand are a dedicated lot of people making games for people and fun ....which they are supposed to be after all u play games for relaxation not to solve world problems :D ...blc is gr8 on all fronts ..graphics are good ..not gr8 but good but more than that its the gameplay which makes it loads of fun ....also the fact that its more orginal than ea cricket game efforts .... :mad: all in all if ure lookin for a fun cricket game and by far the best cricket game on this planet ....then blc is for u and i really want everyone who like cricket please buy it so that we can show support for the good people working at codemasters :cheers

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
EA is a company that thinks it so rich because they buy the license to some of the most popular sports, if they are not popular then they are American.
If Codemasters had the license the game would probably be at the best level it can as there are no Domestic/County teams.

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
For me neither C2005 or Blic is worth ?30, they both have to many faults, bugs etc, but the thing which puts C2005 above BLIC IMO is editability. Codies have done so much to stop piracy they have stopped the AI and GUI (except colours) being edited, that makes a big difference to how long the game lasts. Almost everything has been edited in BLIC and yet there are still things to edit and change in Cricket 2005 even months after release.

Just my two cents :)

Users who are viewing this thread