This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

AliKhan215

Club Captain
It was fixed[DOUBLEPOST=1509916001][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can sim all club games
Heyyy, aren’t you the one who create teams etc? Damn, I just realized I used team pakistan created by you on dbc 14, it won me a lot of games. Big fan :D

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Heyyy, aren’t you the one who create teams etc? Damn, I just realized I used team pakistan created by you on dbc 14, it won me a lot of games. Big fan :D
Thats me ;) Thanks
I made waaay more in DBC 17. Had thousands of downloads too. Stay tuned for what's to come though...

gogabutt

Club Captain
Will there be a TV presentation style broadcast camera option or not in Ashes cricket? This was one of my biggest complains with dbc series. I dont want to see the bowler runup when i am batting!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Will there be a TV presentation style broadcast camera option or not in Ashes cricket? This was one of my biggest complains with dbc series. I dont want to see the bowler runup when i am batting!

But you can see the bowler run up on actual cricket broadcasts. Do you mean a static camera that doesn’t move?

LEFF

Club Captain
Very impressed fellas... I thought it was going to be good, but honestly I didn't expect it to be ground breaking. Boy oh boy! :)

I haven't felt immersed in a cricket game like that before... the crowd chants, overall surge when a ball is connected (and to that point, the crowd cheering a ball would almost always give away the ball was going to the boundary... well not in this). I loved @WealeyH, how you adjusted the slider. That zing looked magnificent.

Action variation tricked me into thinking I was watching the real thing.

Congrats Big Ant & to the guys who did the beta testing.

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Awesome work that career mode is no longer T20 bash and working weather/stat's

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
+1, I'd like a static broadcast camera that doesn't pan in behind the bowler. Watching the run up every time can get a bit much. I'd rather just wait.

Spinners back foot no-ball issue looks like it needs fixing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
+1, I'd like a static broadcast camera that doesn't pan in behind the bowler. Watching the run up every time can get a bit much. I'd rather just wait.

Spinners back foot no-ball issue looks like it needs fixing.

ok, if that angle floats your boat whatever. but can people stop calling that "broadcast" and more especially "tv style presentation broadcast" because the real tv follows the bowler's run and moves...

anyway, for the avoidance of doubt - ashes has a real broadcast, and not a faux-broadcast static camera.

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
This is big for me but a lot of people probably don't care about it. What is the deal with the amount of contract offers? In DBC 14 you got 3 contract offers from the league that who were considered for. In DBC 17 you got an offer from every team in the league. I found the DBC 17 way un-realistic. And the DBC 14 way better. In the new game how many contract offers will you receive from teams. Will teams offer you contracts based on their needs? or will every club give you a contract because they think you are good enough? Will there be a situation where you get just 1 offer?

D

Deleted member 9102

How is bowling length decided? Is there any mechanic to produce error/variation? Do different bowlers have distinct styles and feel different to use (other than simply animations)? Can you still swing the ball round corners at will?

ragingryano

School Cricketer
Hey @Llewelynf and @WealeyH
The imitations that Maxwell did in the Mo-cap video with Cricket Australia, like the Matthew Hayden charge down the pitch... are they in the game at all? Please answer :(

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
ok, if that angle floats your boat whatever. but can people stop calling that "broadcast" and more especially "tv style presentation broadcast" because the real tv follows the bowler's run and moves...

anyway, for the avoidance of doubt - ashes has a real broadcast, and not a faux-broadcast static camera.

Agree with this. People were clammering for an update to the ‘broadcast’ view in 17, and ended up being dissatisfied because they kept on miscommunicating the concept of the static camera

Users who are viewing this thread