This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

heroies

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi boys game looks amazing are there any injuries in game or any injury actions if then ball hits the body thanks. My only question posted before each release lol

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If I remember correctly, you don’t make players. I know Snowy does but is there anyone else on Beta team that’s been busy with that?
At the moment, I think its just me.

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
Agree with this. People were clammering for an update to the ‘broadcast’ view in 17, and ended up being dissatisfied because they kept on miscommunicating the concept of the static camera

Hmm, Broadcast static/fixed near/far is exactly what I would be calling it! Surely it would not be hard to add in... current broadcast cams barely look different from 'bowling far'. I don't really like the moving camera. I'd like a static far and static close camera.

This is where static far should be locked http://iforce.co.nz/i/fxywn3nq.nvt.jpg
Static close would be like old games

I'd rather just watch the bowling animations than the full run up all the time.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
People need to stop calling it a broadcast cam, because it simply isn’t. The very fact people called it a broadcast cam caused headaches during ‘17. Call it a static pitch camera or something. Or use an example like the post above this one.

Big Ant made a broadcast camera last year that matches a real life broadcast, because that’s what people were (incorrectly) asking for

Danial Hamdani

School Cricketer
Thanks to all the beta testers for their efforts, cant wait for the PC release , my only question is that have any of you experienced a case of caught by bat and pad on spin bowling ? your response will be highly appreciated

LEFF

Club Captain
I'd love to know how Bigant sourced their crowd sounds. I get such a sense of an English crowd (not just because of the Barmy Army)... which isn't a bad thing at all!! It's terrifying as an Aussie.

It'd be very cool if an 'Aussie aussie aussie, oie oie oie' was in there!!

I guess we'll all find out in a good week or so! :)

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
People need to stop calling it a broadcast cam, because it simply isn’t. The very fact people called it a broadcast cam caused headaches during ‘17. Call it a static pitch camera or something. Or use an example like the post above this one.

Big Ant made a broadcast camera last year that matches a real life broadcast, because that’s what people were (incorrectly) asking for
Hi Snowy while we're on the topic of camera views are all the same ones that were DBC 14 in the new Ashes game thanks

ragingryano

School Cricketer
I'd love to know how Bigant sourced their crowd sounds. I get such a sense of an English crowd (not just because of the Barmy Army)... which isn't a bad thing at all!! It's terrifying as an Aussie.

It'd be very cool if an 'Aussie aussie aussie, oie oie oie' was in there!!

I guess we'll all find out in a good week or so! :)

Imagine playing in the subcontinent with all the sounds of the musical instruments!

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Regarding stadiums, are there any new generic stadiums besides the australian ones? Or are they the same ones from dbc17?

hammerbliss

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Any review on the online gameplay ? There were lots of issues in online gameplay in dbc 17. The most annoying one was fielders used to run around,while the batsman was waiting to face the ball . Another one was,basmen often used to run in circle around the crease after completing a run ,resulting in getting run outs or some times started running on their own . Are these issues fixed ?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not sure If it has been mentioned but career mode now starts with three day games instead Twenty20.
YES! YES*million times

On another note, it's really commendable to see how much BA was able to accomplish in about a year or so since DBC17. Unbelievable!

It's one thing to build a new game and release it for testing but to alter/modify it based on the feedback and manage to pull it off (almost everything) is an entirely different thing. From personal experience I can say that that (rewrite what you've already written) is the more challenging part (since more often than not there always is the element of "cascading effect") and that is what impresses me the most. Hats off to the dev team :clap

Aditya130293

School Cricketer
Any review on the online gameplay ? There were lots of issues in online gameplay in dbc 17. The most annoying one was fielders used to run around,while the batsman was waiting to face the ball . Another one was,basmen often used to run in circle around the crease after completing a run ,resulting in getting run outs or some times started running on their own . Are these issues fixed ?
Yes even I have same questions. And many people in pc community play online. We use to face lot of problems as mentioned above by him. And in online their were fielding issues too for eg:- It use to change automatically. Because of which I had to abondoned one test match with my friend. When I was bowling it automatically changed field to 5 fielders behind the batsman on leg side which is not allowed. So neither I was able to bowl due to invalid field nor it was accepting change in field which I was trying to make. We tried disconnecting and saving but that also didnt worked. So just had to abondoned the match. Hope so such things are resolved in Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread