Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
LOL nice work paying out the umpire. Good to see Matty played smart after his fiery start when the opposition when defensive. Amazing catch by Prince, very unlucky. Good luck on getting that 50 tom! Awesome presentation, kiu! :)

Thanks so much for the comments guys :happy Just finished playing the match. In all honesty that was the best match I have ever played on 05. It was soooooo close, you guys will love it when I update the Notts reply to the Glamorgan innings. For anyone who is interested, I batted with Tutsi's stroke files and Tutsi's patch. I then bowled with Tutsi's stroke files and used Cricket Doc's bowling patch :)

Glamorgan Toil
Cricket20052009-01-1612-36-27-22.jpg

"So skip (bet you like being called that ;)) You ready to do this?"

"Aye, you can call me skip :D Just let's make sure we get some runs, do Wales proud."

"...and you want me to do well? :rolleyes:"

"Ok, do it for national selection :p"

"Now, that's the shizle :D"

Ah National Selection. Same old, same old. Once again, someone had said it to me. Why did people rate me? James the Jizzer didn't rate me and quite right. Of course he is gay, although from what I heard his partner Jack was questioning this and had been seen with Miss Norfolk. Yes, it is Norfolk but I suppose when you are converting back, you can't be too picky.

There was a poster being held up in the crowd, "Wallace for President".

Mark, who's the fan?

"That's Funknath, a real man of authority (;))"

It appears Mark was too busy thinking about his fan in the audience. Ealham, came steaming in and managed to get the ball to seam away, from Mark. Mark followed it and it took an edge of the bat. It was heading straight towards Carter at roughly third slip. Luckily the ball died just before it reached him and he could only parry it. Mark had got away there, he would need to get his head screwed on properly, to avoid more scares like that. (First time I have ever seen the ball die on a slip in this game :D)

Cricket20052009-01-1818-01-08-91.jpg

As Ealham walked back to his mark, myself and Mark had a little conference. As we were chatting, Read suddenly pointed up up at the sky. What the hell was going on??? A paraglider was flying over head. He was really obvious with the crystal blue sky behind him. He didn't look too accomplished though and was weaving all over the place. Then I realised he had a megaphone:

"My name is Chris Griffin of "Australian Fathers 4 Justice" I want my son back. Ian Wotton stole my child and skipped country, coming here. He was my lover, but he got bored of me and ran away with a woman. All I want, is to see my child, Avroneel. I adore him!!!! Also this jock strap is way too tight!!!!! :("

We couldn't hear the rest of what he said as he dropped his megaphone and went flying off in the wrong directon, before crashing into a river. What a nutter.

What a nutter
paragliding_tandem_JR.jpg

Hmmm, that had disturbed the game for quite a bit. Bloody extremist charities. What idiot would make a protest via a paraglider? :rolleyes: (Griffo ;)) Well it certainly had caused a stir in the crowd at least and there was now a buzz going around the ground as everyone discussed what they had just seen. I was sure it was just some random guy. Wotton had mentoned this Chris Griffin did have some sort of weird fantasy about him. Apparently in this fantasy, Wotton opened the batting and kept wicket in a team managed by this guy. Yeah right.......

Anyway back to the match. Glamorgan's chances went from bad to worse :( Myself and Mark had a complete mis-communication. I was at the non-strikers end, when Mark knocked the ball into the gully area. I shouted wait, but set off for some reason. As Jefferson came running in, Mark set off as well. I was practically in, but Mark was only half way down. He threw the ball to Ealham who whipped the bails off with Mark miles out :( That was kind of my fault :o I would have to apologise to him later and now make a big knock to make up for this.

Cricket20052009-01-1818-06-37-39.jpg

Poor Rich Grant now had so much pressure on him. The guy was on his bloody debut and Glamorgan were 131/5 on a complete road off a track. I really did feel for the guy. Being on debut is bad enough, but to have to come in when your team are five down for just 131 runs is terrible. Me and him would need a 50 partnership, at least, and then hopefully the tail could rally with us if anything bad happened and one of us lost our wicket. He came walking out, not a figure of confidence, to be honest....

"Hey Richy mate. Don't get too worked up on making a big score. It is everyone else who has let us down, you shouldn't be in this position. Remember how you were in the nest? Hit these guys around, like you hit me around :D You cool?"

"Yeah, I'm cool Tom. Cheers."

"No probs, just get yourself in, I'll concentrate on dealing with the run-rate ;)"

Hopefully Rich would feel slightly better. It appears it did. His very first ball, he drove away for 4. Very impressive start to a career. He then later on clipped a ball of his legs for 4. Good start by him, so at least I didn't have to worry about a nervy batsman at the other end :)

Cricket20052009-01-1818-07-41-72.jpg

With Rich getting settled in now at one end, I could think about the Glamorgan score and our chances of putting a respectable total on the scorecard. Read was giving me the single, and trying to strangle Rich off runs. I decided to start improvising, flicking balls very fine, or hitting over the areas here there were men inside the circle. It begun to work :happy Our run-rate began to climb up and my score begun to look very nice indeed. A drinks break was soon called, with me on 49 :eek: Matty came out with *ahem* gloves for me,

"Cracking knock here Tom. You have played sensibly and don't let the fact that you are near your half-century put you off. Just make sure you get that and go on to make 3 figures. Still friends with the umpire? ;)"

"Hmm, that poofter. Needs to be introduced to my neighbour......Anyway cheers Matty. Me and Rich are here for the long run. You can rely on us :cool:"

Why a team of experienced players such as Matthew Hayden, Mark Wallace, Robert Croft and Jason Gillespie, to name but a few, were having to rely on a teenage batsman was frankly madness. Yet I was in this situation and on the verge of my maiden half-century for Glamorgan. I wasn't that nervous, I just wanted to get on with the job.......

Cricket20052009-01-1818-13-37-16.jpg

Remember how you were in the nest?

This guy is awesome. He's a bird and he can play cricket! ;)

It would be funny if you made 49, but you would never let that happen. I reckon even if you did get out on 49 you turned the game off and loaded again :p

I think a 50 for Tom is coming up. He will get his milestone up but fall shortly after, with the rest of the batting order somehow managing to make the match go down the wire and result in a close match.

Good update there Tom, very good writing although some strange events. ;)

Surely you will make you first 50. Good luck and hoping you score more and help Glamorgan take the match down to the wire. Good writing and presentation as usual Tom :clap

Right, I'm going to predict what your going to get Tom. 61 :)

LOL! Brilliant update!!! Not only is the match looking to be a cracker, but the comedy was top class. Grant seems to be taking to this pretty easily, but I'm sure Mark won't be too happy with you Tom. You better go on to get a ton now!

Great gfx and writing and top class stuf.f kiu!

I reckon you'll lose off stump next ball :p.
I demand a mention!!!!
Great work Tommy boy now go stuff Notts.

Users who are viewing this thread