Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
Tom you put all your stats to somewhere between 99 and 99 didn't you? :p
Good to see PC's most controversial thing since JJ3's plan to destroy the PCPL and ruin everything for Zorax. You didn't see anything

If I was gonna do that, I would have gone the whole way and put them at 100 :p

Nice story! Forgive my ignorance but is this Cricket 2005?? Why 2005? Is the gameplay and depth good? Sorry for being a bit off topic but am curious.

Thanks, and yes it is. Basically I took a couple of really good patches, did some editing of them to get rid of bugs and I now have the most realistic gameplay of cricket, that I personally have ever seen.

If I was gonna do that, I would have gone the whole way and put them at 100 :p

Thanks, and yes it is. Basically I took a couple of really good patches, did some editing of them to get rid of bugs and I now have the most realistic gameplay of cricket, that I personally have ever seen.

Cool! Is 2005 still available from anywhere??? In my ever further quest to reach The Holy Bail I am trying out every single game I can get my hands on!!!!:)

Thanks for that mate, good to see you still around :)

Cool! Is 2005 still available from anywhere??? In my ever further quest to reach The Holy Bail I am trying out every single game I can get my hands on!!!!:)

It's the game I have stuck with these past 4 years and it's the best game for my style of cricket at least (basically anything which isn't slogging) Try amazon, although you probs can get it off ebay. I picked my copy up from HMV though

So far its been a good, steady and controlled counterattack by yourself and Jamie. Seems as though the extra pace by Harmison was proving handy as he has gone for nearly 6 runs per over.

This said, its time for one of you to become the agressor in this pair as then there will be an increase in the run rate aswell as an increase in momentum. I feel if you or Jamie are there till the 40th over, 250-270 is definatly on the cards.

Glamorgan do what they do best.... Collapse
Cricket20052009-12-1921-50-41-57.jpg

With myself and Jamie going along at a pretty steady rate, things had begun to look up for the sheep-shaggers. All we had to do was keep things at a sensible pace, not do anything stupid and concentrate on putting the bad balls away. It seemed to be a good tactic and it was definetly working for me.

Blackwell had been bowling rather well over the wicket into mine and Jamie's pads. It was cramping us for room and it was rather annoying to score runs when he was keeping it to such a tight line. Needless to say though, he did slip the occasional bad ball in and he did give me a full toss which I put straight back over his head for a one bounce 4 :) It was these balls which we had to focus on putting away as they would be the key as if we wet chasing after the good deliveries we would soon find ourselves walking back to the pavillion.

I soon entered the 40's and off the second ball of the 19th over, I punched a shirt ball by Breese back past him to bring up my 50 :) I was pretty pleased as I had come in under a lot of pressure and myself and Jamie had really combined to make a good fight of it for Glamorgan.

Cricket20052009-12-2000-21-10-48.jpg

Jamie came down the pitch to congratulate me:

"Excellent stuff Tom, really good work so far. Now you and me have got to crack on and I reckon hundred's for both of us would be in order ;)"

"Sounds like a plan, I'm up for that."

Oh, how that was the kiss of death.

After all our talk about keeping up the good work and not chasing good deliveries, the very next ball after I made my 50, Jamie threw his wicket away. Breese got one to grip and Jamie threw the kitchen sink at it. It flew off the outside edge of the bat where Collingwood made no mistake. Jamie just stood there with his bat hanging down, and you could see in his eyes how disappointed he was. He slowly trudged past me, muttered good luck and headed off to the changing rooms.

The Durham boys were over the moon, and they all came running in, with high fives the order of the day. Richy Grant was now in with us 102/4 and in danger of being bowled out. Me and Rich needed to dig in!

Cricket20052009-12-2000-22-02-92.jpg

"Hey Rich, looks like we're in a spot of bother now, ey."

"Yeah, it looks that way Tom. What's the deal out here?"

"Nothing much really. Ball is seaming a wee bit, but nothing over the top. Just need to keep the old head focused and we'll be fine. Basically let's just make sure we don't throw away our wickets :)"

"Sounds like a plan."

Of course the problem with plans is that they very rarely ever work. This time, it was human incompetence which buggered this one. I was feeling pretty good out there and picking up the runs pretty easily. Rich had played himself in nicely and I was beginning to think that me and him could put together a big partnership. However, in a rush of blood to the head moment he came down the track and tried to put Gidman straight over cow corner. He totally missed it and Mustard was running for cover as the middle stump went flying backwards :facepalm

I couldn't believe Rich had just done that, it was so bloody stupid and it left us in a real situation now at 120/5 :noway

Animation1-16.gif

We were in really big trouble now. Only myself and Jamie had made it to double figures so far with extras then putting in a useful contribution :sarcasm Mark was slowly walking out to the pavillion and you could tell from his body language he was not in a good mood. The team had been collapsing around me and I needed someone to build a partnership with. It was time for a captain's knock from Mark, otherwise we would be on a very early bus out of the C&G Trophy :(

It was bad times indeed....

Loved that stump camera action Bro. Agree with Biggy,Common Tom,We expect a hundred from you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread