Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
:hpraise :hpraise Hearty congrads, Tom :hpraise :hpraise

I knew that this will happen.. This story and the way it attracted the members including myself has really no words to describe.. It has been impressive right from the start. You had been improving update by update.. especially i still remember the way you initially tried to take it like Short Leg's career story.. And now, without any doubts, The term " career story " will definitely bring Short Leg's and Tom's stories in everyone's mind here.

Well done Tom :clap Keep it up! :hpraise

Also I would like to say, the best and basic thing beneath this story's success was, " STORY LINE ". The story line was indeed a strong one which the future story writers also should try to take this as an example. :)

Thank you Suren. It is an honour to take the title of your extremely skilled shoulders and I will try to make it so that it can live up to the expectation of your great story :)

Any chance of this being stickied? :p

Any chance of this being stickied? :p

hehe.. no! :p All I can think at this point of time is, making a separate column in Hall of fame for SOTY winners. :) I will update it when I update the same for SOTM i.e either tonight or tmrw.

Well then Mr.Baker I must say this has been a fantastic achievement by you. You have really put the effort in and look it has paid off.

:hpraise:hpraise

Once again I must stress that this story has just been better page by page, update by update.

Keep it going Tom! :cool: :happy

Now all you have to do is pay vcash to all the people who voted for you;), just kidding you deserved the award and good luck in the future. :clap:clap:clap

A much deserved award there - certainly my favourite story since joining PC - congratulations! :)

Is this Heaven?

I woke up on a warm bed which felt as if it was made of feathers. It was extremely comfortable. Slowly I looked around to try and get my bearings. I certainly wasn't in the ground anymore and if this was a hospital, it was deserted. I looked down at my chest. :eek: There was no blood and then I realised I was no longer wearing my kit. I was instead wearing a white shawl. This was all very strange. There was a lot of white mist around me and everything was white. Slowly the mist began to disappear and I realised I was in a room. In the distance I could see a figure walking towards me. I suddenly noticed that a chair and table had just appeared in front of me. The figure stopped and sat down.

morgan_freeman_spill_97076o.jpg

"Hello Tom. Do you know who I am?"

"Well I am guessing I'm probably dead and so I'm willing to bet you are God."

"Only half correct Tom. Yes, I am God, however, you are not quite dead."

"What do you mean?"

"This is the waiting room between the living and the dead. You are currently on a life support machine and at the moment many doctors are trying to keep you alive. Come, let me show you."

He led me over to a window which had just appeared. He was quite good at making stuff appear out of thin air.

"Go on. Take a look."

I looked out of the window. What I saw nearly made me swear. It was like we were suspended above a hospital ward. Directly beneath me, I could see........myself :eek: There were all sorts of wires going in to me and I could see a lot of doctors fussing around me. It looked like I was in surgery. I could see that the bullet had made a complete mess of my chest and blood was still pumping out. I jumped as God spoke again. I had completely forgotten he was there.

"Tom. What happened at that cricket match, was pure evil. I know you are a good person and you did not deserve this to happen to you, but, some things are meant to happen and I have no control over them. I can rectify the situation slightly. If you want Tom, I can have you sent back. You are very sick and you will be very ill for a few months but you will return to full health. But and this is a very big but. If you want, you can continue on this journey and see what awaits you. It is your choice."

Wow, this was pretty intense. I was certain, however, that I wanted to return back to the land of the living and be able to talk to my family, girlfriend and mates.

"I would like to be able to live again, sir. I don't think I could watch the pain that all those who know me would suffer if I left them."

"Ok Tom. If that is your decision, may my will be done."

There was a loud clap of thunder.

"A couple of questions God."

"Sure thing."

"Will I be able to remember this and will I play for England one day?"

"No Tom, you will not remember this. However, if you believe strongly enough you will realise that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. As for your second question. You have a lot of potential Tom, but it will be down to you if you want to play for England. You will have to fight back from this injury and there will be obstructions on the path to full fitness. Just follow your heart and you never know Tom. I'm pretty good at performing miracles ;). Enjoy your life Tom. I will be watching."

"Thanks for everything God."

It felt as if I was flying backwards at a million miles per hour and blackness begun to engulf me again. I soon blacked out and knew no more.........

Users who are viewing this thread