Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
I use Tutsi's patch but really it's not all i hoped for actually as you can tell from my story how slow the New Zealanders scored at. The Stroke Variation is actually very good so get that!

I hope that helps alittle:)

Cheers for everything guys. This new laptop is being a bit of a bugger at the moment and I'm still not sure whether I will use '07 or '05. I have decided the plot of the story though, so will update soon.

Oh yeah and also 1,000 posts as Jaz pointed out :happy Can't believe it, tbh, never had a story go this far. Hopefully I'll take it past 2000 posts :)

Notice - It is advisable to watch the two videos at the same time to increase the level of realism. However, ignore the pictures

Is this the end of Tom Baker?

We were really fired up as we walked out of the pavillion and were ready to win this match. We felt really inspired to beat Scotland now and you could see the lads were really pumped up to do this. As we all walked out there was a lot of chat as people tried to encourage other members of the team. We knew this was going to be a very close match and was going to be a good one for the spectators whatever the outcome.

Andy and myself would be opening the bowling and we had a discussion as to what the plan would be, with David,

"Well Tom, I think the key is going to be bowling full and straight. With the condition of the pitch, it is going to be seaming all over the place."

"Yeah that's what I think is going to be the best plan. Anything short is just going to sit up and be put away."

"Well you and Andy seem to have a good plan. I'll give you just one slip at the moment and might give you two if I think there is a good chance of it paying off. Good luck guys."

Sure enough, in Andy's very first over a full ball got a wicket. Haynes tried to drive Andy in a much too agressive shot and payed for it when his middle stump was up-rooted. We were jubilant as we had got the early breakthrough which we really desired and now it was time for me to show my skills. I would have to bowl well.

Cricket20052008-04-1216-19-05-11.jpg

Sure enough my first two balls beat the edge of the bat and I was really fired up. There was a hell of a lot of banter coming from the lads and as I walked back to my mark to bowl my third delivery, I was really pumped up. Suddenly I saw a figure on the top of the stadium, looking at us. I pointed up and about 200 people all turned to look up at what I was pointing. Suddenly he pulled something from over his shoulder.

"Oh MY GOD. HE'S GOT A GUN!!!!!!"

I could see it all happening in slow motion. It looked as if he was looking right at me. Then he fired.

We all hit the dirt as bullets erupted all around us. We all managed to get ourselves into the pavillion with one of the Scotland lads taking a slight scratch to the leg. Outside we couldn't see him anymore and while the police were called, I peeked out of the window.

"Bloody hell, he's just around the corner."

I could see the masked gunman and he was about 15 metres away :eek: Suddenly we heard sirens, but the gunman also saw the curtain move and opened fire at the window. I experienced a sudden sharp pain in my chest, and loked down to see blood spraying everywhere :eek:

"Tom's hit!!!!! Tom's hit!!!!"

I felt arms pulling me back and something being pressed onto my chest. Outside a gun battle was raging with the plice and the gunman.

There was a lot of confusion as I heard lots of shouting as police tried to secure the area. I soon heard calls that the gun-man was dead. I could see a lot of faces around me and slowly everything faded away...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice story mate, always good to see a cricket 2005 story going. I myself am Somerset, and am in the third game of the season. All 3 games have been 45 over odi games, when do the championship games start? I am playing the 2005 leagues and fixtures.

Last edited:
oh dear.... thats not good - good start with the ball but doubt that will continue considering ur about to die.... lets hope not hey! :)

Users who are viewing this thread