Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
Match Day
Cricket20052008-08-0122-22-26-89.jpg

I was out of bed and bounding around at some un-Godly hour due to me being so excited about today's match. Gemma just moaned something and rolled back over, while I went downstairs to prepare some breakfast. About 20 minutes later Gemma appeared, slowly blinking away as she woke up. After a good breakfast of scrambled eggs and a nice cup of coffee we were both feeling a lot better.

We went round to Cooky's house but found he was still asleep. Luckily I had a key to his house and so woke him up with a cold, wet sponge to the face,

"Tom, you are a right little a** hole."

"Just getting you back, mate ;)"

We soon had Cooky in the car, although I was pretty sure he wasn't completely with it. He had a girl around last night and I don't think he had much sleep ;) We soon pulled into Sophia Gardens. A couple of the lads were there and in the early morning light I could see everyone looked like death warmed up. Still it was a nice day for a cricket match.

Over the next half hour the rest of the lads arrived. Everyone cracked up when Crofty arrived on a bike. He said it was too warm up. It actually turned out he had lost his car keys :p Still it was quite a sight watching Crofty and his big bulk balancing on a bicycle. On the journey up to Manchester most of the guys got some more sleep. I was chatting to the skip about Vaughan and Collingwood's resignations. We both agreed it was the right thing for Vaughan as he was in woeful form and needed a break from International Cricket.

Eventually Old Trafford loomed up in front of us. This was a Test Ground and I had never played in such a big ground. It would be a great experience. As we all got our kit out and made our way into the changing rooms a couple of the Lancashire players arrived.

"Hey Tom watch out. Freddie Flintoff and Andrew Symonds are playing."

"Ah crap. I think I hear some ducks nearby :("

I hadn't though Flintoff would be playing and to learn that Andrew Symonds was also here would make things a hell of a lot more difficult. I was soon in my kit and the skip asked me if I wanted to go out with him to do the toss. Out in the middle Corky was waiting,

"So this is your young-gun Dave?"

"Yep, that's right. Tom here is our star."

"Well he has his work with the bat cut out today. This pitch is really green. Anyway. Heads or Tails."

"Heads."

"Heads it is."

"Ok we will bat first. Good luck Corky."

I didn't like Dominic Cork. Everyone said he liked to joke around but I thought he sounded slightly arrogant. Anyway we were batting first. It was a bit of a risk, but the sky was clear and the pitch wasn't going to improve, so runs on the board would be a nice feeling.

Cricket20052008-08-0122-22-33-62.jpg

When we arrived back into the changing room, it was too see that Cork had pinned the Lancashire XI team-sheet on the wall. I had a massive swooping sensation in my stomach. It looked very, very strong.

Lancashire XI

1. M. Chilton
2. I. Sutcliffe
3. S. Law
4. B. Hodge
5. A. Symonds
6. A. Flintoff
7. M. Loye
8. L. Sutton (wk)
9. D. Gough
10. D. Cork (C)
11. M. Muralitharan​

"You are taking the p***. Symonds, Flintoff, Hodge, Gough, Cork and Murali. We are buggered."

"None of that attitude Tom. We specalise in upsets here at Glamorgan."

It wouldn't be an upset if we won, more like some sort of conquest of honour. That Lancashire team was so strong it was like reading a World XI team-sheet.

Eventually the umpires came in and said it was time. The skip and Shaun got ready to head out. We all wished them luck as we made our way up to the pavillion balcony. They would need it. I was padded up and was expecting to be called into action very soon........

Oh my God! That line up is incredible! That would probably beat south africa!

Top work Tommy Boy!

IMG :eek: Lancashire lineups is brilliant . Its gonna be tough winning

Great Presentation as always

WOW! That sure is some line-up - But who knows with Tom Baker!! Good luck... u might need it... :p

That is a strong looking Lancashire Line-up. It will be difficult to win this game but lets not forget that upsets can happen.

Great works Tom. Great update mate.

that is a very strong lancashire line up i wouldnt want to be face that 1st game back

It looks a strong line-up but they can be easily beaten if you bowl to their weaknesses but with you playing, I'm expecting a low score for Glamorgan of about 95:p, only joking I say if you get 200 on this pitch then you have a great chance of winning this game, even with the line-up of Lancashire!

Great work mate, keep it up!:)

Come on you Lancs!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p. I've got missiles at the ready.
Good luck Tom KIU

Users who are viewing this thread