Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
I thought you were supposed to be in for the Lancashire game... oh well, your just recovering but really you are better than Shaun Marsh!:p

Great work mate, loving this story, keep it up!:)

Wotton is a fine puller of the cricket ball but i believe his drives are where he excels in the game :p Pick up on that from him NICE HIGH ELBOW

We all know you made the team... Cooky will be dropped for you :p I know your plot too well (Dont change it ya bum)

Your unlucky mate . Imprve your fitness Tom come lets go to some recovery training .

Great Presentation again Tom

Have I made the Squad?

"Go on Cooky, put me out of my misery I haven't made it have I?"

"I'm really sorry Tom. It looks like YOUR GOING TO MANCHESTER!!!! :happy Well done mate you made the starting XI :)"

"Cooky you and your jokes ....... :noway :p"

I couldn't believe it, I had made the starting XI. Cooky had completely tricked me, the practical joker that he is. I went inside to have a look at the team sheet. Quite a few members of the squad were in there and I got numerous high fives and slaps on the back, congatulating me on making my Glamorgan debut. The squad looked very strong.

Cricket20052008-08-0122-23-01-69.jpg

We had Glamorgan debutant, Shaun Marsh opening the batting with the skip, a good mix of experience and pure quality. We then had Mike Powell at three and me at 4 :happy Our bowling attack also looked pretty deadly. Tom was the twelth man and had obviously missed out on a place due to me being selected but he didn't seem bitter about it. I saw the coach and he gave me a wink. I knew then that he had faith in me. I just wanted to prove him right. I was now determined to perfom in tomorrow's game. it would be an early meet at the ground, but I wouldn't have cared if I had to have got up at 3 in the morning. I was playing professional cricket again :D

When I got home and told Gemma the good news she squealed with delight and threw her arms around me. She knew how much I had missed my cricket and I could tell she was genuinely happy to see me playing cricket again. She had the day off tomorrow and so she said she would come up to Old Trafford to watch me play. This was the icing on the cake for me. My life had completely turned itself around :)

Thats a shame that your playing, I thought you would have enjoyed the night with Gemma but now... you'll be stuck in Manchester playing some cricket game. Oh well it's your life:p.

Great update mate, keep it up!:)

Ahhh damn Cooky! What a moron! Ah well - good to see you made the starting XI and make sure you start off with a good performance!! Good luck :)

you made the squad. congrads tom. you see u didnt have to wait long. kutgw

Unlucky about not making the squad mate..Better luck next time buddy!

Congratulations on making the squad Tom. This will be a real test for you to see weather you have improved during your injury.

Great works mate!

I told you so.. IAN WAS ESPECIALLY PROUD! I sense relationship problems upcoming though... Hook up with some random Tom :p

*******!!!!

You made me look like a fool.

*Waits for bus crash to ensue, ruling you out of the game*:p

KUTGW, Presentations excellent and the storyline is gripping

Users who are viewing this thread