Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
Oh unlucky.. But what to do, Umpires' words are the final ones to be accepted whatsoever the scenario may be.. It happens a lot these days! ;) Saqi keeps on taking 5W's hold.. Give him some rest :D

Keep up the fantastic works, Tom :clap classic one as usual...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cricket20052008-08-2021-16-41-71.jpg

Rain spoils any chance for Glamorgan (Yes, Wotton is mentioned)

Before we went back out to get a few more overs in before the end of play, Cooky asked me for a lift home. Now the last time I had given him a lift, he had managed to spill coke all over the interior, plus given a police-man the finger who had arrested him, once upon a time. That got us pulled over and resulted in my car being scrutinised whilst they attempted to find something wrong with it. In the end I only agreed if he did not bring any substances into the car and acted sensibly. It also turned out that Marshy also needed a lift home. Tom's Taxi's :rolleyes: Anyway. The skip planned for Cooky and Dizzy to bowl out this evening and hopefully pick up a wicket. It was going to be a tough ask of them, as there was only a limited amount of time left. Still, the lads would be going in hard and there was always a chance that they would be able to sneak a wicket in.

"Hey Cooky. I want a wicket from you!"

"Pff, I'll be aiming for two. An opener and the night-watchman."

"You get two, I'll buy you a pint on the way back."

"Alcohol = Big Incentive :D"

We're a team of alcoholics :p We need the offer of beer for us to perform to our potential ability. Otherwise we just end up like the famous Kent supporter, "Kev" who just spends his time slumped in his chair, dreaming of beer. I managed to get myself in at second slip, in-between Dave and Marshy.

"No attempted murder of umpires, skip ;) That's why we use hit-men. "

"I should do an Inzy and just refuse to come out next time."

Eventually everything was set for Dizzy to come in and bowl the first delivery of the Surrey innings. That's when it happened. A big drop of rain fell from the sky and landed square on my nose. This wasn't good. From the way Marshy jolted, I could tell he could feel some drops of rain. Then it suddenly started to pour down. We all raced for the pavillion, whilst the ground-staff hurried to get the covers on. They weren't best prepared though and the square got a good amount of water before finally being covered.

Cricket20052008-08-2122-54-11-56.jpg

It only looked like a shower and we could actually see the sun shining out over the bay. However, that one shower had used up our alloted time for the evening session so we got told we could head back home. It appeared Wotton was sleeping in the ground this evening for charity. He was fumbling around in his bag and produced a weird object which looked like.....:eek:

"Wotton! What the hell is that?"

"Kangaroo ball's mate. Taste brilliant roasted."

"You Aussies disgust me with your barbarity. I can see now why we kicked you out."

Damn, those Aussies are weird. Who would eat kangaroo testicles? It's just wrong :noway

Myself, Marshy and Cooky left sharply, so that we could beat the rush hour traffic. Of course, stupid me. It really was too much for me to ask Cooky to be sensible in my car. This evening I was treated to having a second engine in my car. I just knew he could not resist being an idiot. Perhaps that boy really is a four year old, mentally :p

After being driven insane by Cooky, I vowed never to let him back in my car again, unless he was tied up and gagged. I kicked him out the car at his place, told him where he could shove his car noises and sped off :p I then dropped Marshy off who was actually sane and not making car noises :p

Back home, Gemma was working the evening shift. There was a note left from her, telling me to eat something healthy. The Indian takeaway arrived 15 minutes later :p I opened all the windows to make sure the smell of curry did not linger in the house. Hell has no wrath like a woman scorned. I've found it is best just to be sub-serviant around them. It's easier then trying to fight back.

There was sod all on TV so I ended up watching, live footage from Australia of a mad man who ranting about Mitchell Johnson. His name was Ben something or other and he looked a total nut-job. In the end he was tasered and carried off, probably for that backward country to carry tests out on him. I was eventually able to find, "Mock the Week" That was sheer class, with Frankie Boyle being his usual extreme self. Gemma was not due back till late, so I went for an early night to get myself well rested for tomorrow's game.

Last edited by a moderator:
unlucky about the rain. cooky mental age is dropping by the day. are you sure he is who he says he is. great pres kutgw mate

yeah really unlucky abt the rain. And really funny abt eating the Kangaroo testicle lolz...Enjoy your Indian food mate..

Great update and KUTGW :clap

KANGAROO NUTS! YUM YUM! (I think wotton should play for your team)

I think he would be better suited as a player than a coach, you can just say that the coach is ian wotton snr :p otherwise known as zeus KING OF THE GODS!

Good update, nice rain effect or was that from the game (doesn't look like the games rain). KUTGW!

:cheers

Nice stuff there Tom! How could he eat kangaroo testicles??:eek: Rain actually is bad for the test. Low scoring innings coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread