To manual appeal or not to manual appeal?

To manual appeal or not to manual appeal?

• Manual Appeal

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Auto Appeal

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Semi-Auto

Votes: 37 42.0%

• Total voters
I think we will be able to run on LBW appeals, which means no cutscene I think.

that's a good point actually lol...yeah, you can run on LBW appeals so it shouldn't do a cutscene. At the moment it's not a cutscene per se as you can still do stuff like run etc. but the camera does cut to the umpire despite play not being 'frozen' during this time. Ill rectify this so it doesn't cut to the umpire for not out decisions, only out decisions

LM

naah mate....that'll spoil the suspense.....;)

id have to agree, and you should make them very very similar so you cant predict it before the umpires actions like on ICC

id have to agree, and you should make them very very similar so you cant predict it before the umpires actions like on ICC

Hmm...so maybe i will not cut to the ump at all, just have him do his thing but dont cut the camera? Either that or to just cut the camera to the umpire but zoom out enough so that you can see the whole pitch area??

Hmm...so maybe i will not cut to the ump at all, just have him do his thing but dont cut the camera? Either that or to just cut the camera to the umpire but zoom out enough so that you can see the whole pitch area??

How about a split screen? One side showing the umpire and the other showing the pitch.

Have the normal overview image. Then in the corner, you'll have a box of the umpires decision.

Have the normal overview image. Then in the corner, you'll have a box of the umpires decision.

as mentioned above, i had real problems doing picture in picture (PIP) -multiple camera views slows it right down on an average machine. :(

How about you don't make any camera adjustment whatsoever for the umpire and have both a sound of the umpire (or a commentator) saying "Not out" or "Leg Bye" (in the case of the commentator something along the lines of "the umpire says no to that"), and have some text pop up in the score bar saying the umpires decision (something like "Not out, missing leg stump" for an LBW) incase sound is off.

How about you don't make any camera adjustment whatsoever for the umpire and have both a sound of the umpire (or a commentator) saying "Not out" or "Leg Bye" (in the case of the commentator something along the lines of "the umpire says no to that"), and have some text pop up in the score bar saying the umpires decision (something like "Not out, missing leg stump" for an LBW) incase sound is off.

Yup I agree Matt, if the balls hit the pads its unlikely to go far, so stick with the normal camera. If its out, have the umpire put his hand up and the commentator say "hes out". Then maybe a few seconds later the camera could change to the umpire with his finger already up.

I think it would be cool if the ump raised his finger without a cutscene, along with commentary going 'Oh, he's given it! That's out!'. I dunnow, seems less predictable.

I'd like to see it semi-auto. The slips and keeper appealing was the best idea. That way, when your wickie jumps up and down, you'll find it hard to forget pressing the appeal buttong. You could switch it off too if you wish. Would make for a neat feature.

Well I liked the Cricket 2004 system where there is no cutscene, and the umpire just raises his finger or doesn't, but you are still playing. It would be a good idea to have manual appealing, and if you do appeal often the batsmen will run if a run is possible, so that way if you are appealing when you know it's not out, you can concede a run.

How about a feature, (if possible), that the more times you hit the set hot-key for the manual appeal, the bigger the shout is?

Yeah, umpires shouldn't give it out straight away. Maybe they should be like Steve Bucknor :p

Users who are viewing this thread