To manual appeal or not to manual appeal?

To manual appeal or not to manual appeal?

• Manual Appeal

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Auto Appeal

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Semi-Auto

Votes: 37 42.0%

• Total voters

hollandcricket

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As described by LM, it would give TAOC another fantastic touch of realism!

Only, in my believe the appeals for edges should be done by the computer. I think you get to intense with the game if you have to be aware of edges. You could roar a huge appeal when only youre dog enters your room for example :p. TAOC is a cricket game, not a game to umpire. (Which would be pretty cool too IMAO, just an "umpire mode"...just sit back, watch a game, but be aware of the appeals).

Anyway, another great feature!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Guys,

id like to get a poll on whether people want manual appealling included or not.

Things to consider are:

would it get too annoying?
would it detract from realism?
if it is in, should there be restrictions on how many appeals you can do?
why would i not appeal for everything?
will it still be out if i dont appeal?

LM

This would be a great feature in any cricket game. Can it be implemented in Cricket 07?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Thinking about it now, it could be very good in the way LM describes it.
I just see myself missing out on loads of wickets for not appealing :( I suppose it wouldn't take long to get used to.

Good luck implementing it, I hope it works well :).

if you dont enjoy it or keep missing dismissals you can turn it off in the options ;)

rickyp

International Coach
well since I think half the fun of bowling is to appeal, I think you should only be allowed to appeal if it hits the pads or they miss the ball by a small amount, apart from that it should be disabled.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
plz make it manual appeal. because on ricky ponting 2007 game like it will be like hell obvious out and then the players and the crowd signaling its close and the umpire puts up his hand. on manual appeal if you appeal for everything the umpire just ignores it, make sure when he ignores it, it does not have have cutscene. make it flow like on fifa for example sometimes it just wont flow and on pro evo it just seems to flow nicely. just take my advice trust me i knw cricket. it would get pretty annoying if there was some idiot in the world who appealed for everything and there was a cutscene everytime. its so fustrating in riccky ponting because the wicket keeper would thing his stumped him when his done nothing and the umpire just shakes his head.

P.S NO CUTSCENES FOR OBVIOUS NOT OUT APPEALS JUST HIM SHAKING HIS HEAD WITHOUT THE CUTSCENE.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Manual appeal, but only if: a) It hits the pads or b) A catch behind the stumps that isn't obvious. Is there anything else?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
What's a cutscene? Anyway, this is a very good idea. I've always wanted manual appealing in 05.

Users who are viewing this thread