Trademark Shots

ZoraxDoom said:
Not really, they are very similar. Instead, Afridi attempts to hit it for six, KP tends to waste it by treating it like any other shot..

True, which is why he's such an idiot.

ZoraxDoom said:
Afridi attempts to hit it for six
And usually fails horribly, where as Pietersen plays a more safer shot which is less likely to give his wicket away.

evertonfan said:
Yes but Pietersen uses it sanely, rather than being an idiotic slogger.
The same idiotic slogger that scored a 37 ball century at 16? The same idiotic slogger that scored a 41 ball century against India last year? The same idiotic slogger that scored 41 off 11 balls at the Twenty20 match against an International XI bowling attack this summer? The same idiotic slogger that was giving KP some batting advice last winter? :rolleyes:

akp.jpg

The Blazer said:
The same idiotic slogger that scored a 37 ball century at 16? The same idiotic slogger that scored a 41 ball century against India last year? The same idiotic slogger that scored 41 off 11 balls at the Twenty20 match against an International XI bowling attack this summer? The same idiotic slogger that was giving KP some batting advice last winter? :rolleyes:

Yep, the very same. He's a slogger, now your pathetic Pakistan bias can't see through it, but whether he hits 37 ball centuries or not, he's an idiotic slogger.

Oh by the way, this is the same Afridi who has been dropped and can't even buy a run nowadays isn't it? The same Afridi who has to rely on injuries to get a place in the side.

You do realise dropping him caused outrage all over Pakistan? Even to the likes of Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, and renowned journalist Kamran Abbasi?
It isn't bias. You are the one biased and prejudiced against him. It's your hatred of him so much, that you can't admit that he is an amazingly gifted once-in-a-lifetime kind of player. Former cricketer, experts, journalists, reporters, fans, everyone wants to see Afridi bat, you are one of the very few who seem to hate him for no good reason. Get over it.
The shot was discovered by Afridi, hence it's Afridi's shot, regardless of what you think of him.

evertonfan said:
Yep, the very same. He's a slogger, now your pathetic Pakistan bias can't see through it, but whether he hits 37 ball centuries or not, he's an idiotic slogger.

Oh by the way, this is the same Afridi who has been dropped and can't even buy a run nowadays isn't it? The same Afridi who has to rely on injuries to get a place in the side.
Now now, I don't want to hijack such a thread and start a petty argument, but...

What exactly is the need to get personal and attack me by saying- "now your pathetic Pakistan bias can't see through it". I can simply say that your idiotic English bias can't see through the fact that KP is an imitator at best; but then all the English fans would jump on me, so there's no real point in arguing.

Bottom line is- You're just jealous because England don't have a talent like Afridi. KP may be much more reliable to play a good knock, but Afridi has much more natural talent than anyone in the English team. Now if you wish, my friend, we can continue this discussion elsewhere- Leave this thread be.

Anyways, will be interesting to see what kind of trademark strokes, if any, are implemented into the game. Good luck!

ZoraxDoom said:
You do realise dropping him caused outrage all over Pakistan? Even to the likes of Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, and renowned journalist Kamran Abbasi?
It isn't bias. You are the one biased and prejudiced against him. It's your hatred of him so much, that you can't admit that he is an amazingly gifted once-in-a-lifetime kind of player. Former cricketer, experts, journalists, reporters, fans, everyone wants to see Afridi bat, you are one of the very few who seem to hate him for no good reason. Get over it.
The shot was discovered by Afridi, hence it's Afridi's shot, regardless of what you think of him.

He can clear a boundary, it's a special talent and i've bloody admitted that countless times! What i'm saying is that he doesn't use this because he's an idiot who'd rather play slog than cricket. And do you think I care if the Pakistan nation was outraged? Doesn't stop him being an idiot.

Jealous of Afridi? Why would I want an idiot as opposed to a proper batsman? Now that's my last post on this matter; He's a brainless slogger and i'd have him nowhere near my England team.

evertonfan said:
He can clear a boundary, it's a special talent and i've bloody admitted that countless times! What i'm saying is that he doesn't use this because he's an idiot who'd rather play slog than cricket. And do you think I care if the Pakistan nation was outraged? Doesn't stop him being an idiot.

Jealous of Afridi? Why would I want an idiot as opposed to a proper batsman? Now that's my last post on this matter; He's a brainless slogger and i'd have him nowhere near my England team.
Can't we continue this in the Current Tours section or something?

You still can't justify calling him an idiot. You don't know him personally, so why have you got a vendetta against him? Oh, is it because he single-handedly destroyed Shaun Udal's career last winter?

Alright I know I said last post but I just had to clear up that i'm calling his cricket idiotic, nothing else.

I won't argue anymore, it's pointless. Some people just have different opinions.

Or because he was caught twirling on the wicket... has given his wicket away in key situations... and generally doesn't play for the team... I would think Freddies a more talented player than him to be honest, he has just used his talent in a more beneficial way. Anyway this is all completely off topic.

On topic, both him and KP have played that shot, to be honest I'm sure other batsman in the past have played something similar. It's a shot that's a little different so if it were included there is no harm in having both players coded to be able to play it.

I agree. I'm glad there's no one as mindless as Shahid Afridi in the England team.

I agree too, but I think we should drop the Afridi thing, as obviously we are not going to agree. Back on topic, Ponting also plays a brilliant hook shot.

Since this is trademark shots, and therefore shots that only a select view players in the game should be able to play. Then the sort of front foot pull through midwicket that the likes of KP and Hayden play would be a nice inclusion. I'm sure there are others who play it, but could certainly be limited to only a few players in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread