Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't believe there isn't a thread about this movie??

Anyway, i saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. The action scenes were simply amazing

But, it could of been so so so so much better. IMO, the first movie was fantastic. It had brilliant character introductions and you really felt involved with the movie.

However, this movie was different. New Autobots were thrown in left right and center with no introductions, and some of the Autobots from the first movie were hardly seen at all. Everyone's favorite Bumblebee was in the movie a lot, yet kept disappearing all the time which was annoying. The new twin mexican gangster (or whatever you want to call them) Autobots were okay, they were funny but really irrelevant to the story.

Oh, the story, this was my biggest let down. It seems this time around they wanted to cram as much crap from the animated series (some people might be to young to remember it) and it really made the storyline disjointed and sometimes confusing. They really should of stuck to a more simple movie, such as the original Autobots (and maybe a few more, but make them background characters instead of doing this to the originals) versus the Decepticons. Instead the threw in a million new Decepticons and the stupid leader "the fallen" was really a bad inclusion alongside the storyline involving the "Primes" which was kind of corny and really pushing my sci-fi threshold

Positives:
- epic battles
- epic battles
- epic battles
- Megan Fox, so damn hot!!
- soundtrack rules
- high school humor

Negatives
- disjointed and rushed storyline
- lack of character building and original Autobots from the first movie
- Starscream was tough in the first, yet a freaking bitchy pussy in this one.
- high school humor

Overall 7/10 - it really could of been a 10/10 with a better storyline

Last edited:

Precambrian

International Cricketer
+

SFX

-

Everything else

Verdict: Timepass flick. But a rerun of those DVDs like Independence Day, Day after Tomorrow, Matrix etc should do if u are looking for a SFX loaded 2 hours.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Transformers is ████ anyways, wasn't expecting much from the movie. My boss is gay for it but, so when he goes to see it this week I won't here the end of it the following morning.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
its a great movie, wtf you guys talkin about?? it made 16 million at its Midnight Showing

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
its a great movie, wtf you guys talkin about?? it made 16 million at its Midnight Showing

Just because a movie makes money doesn't mean it's universally great. Stupid logic.

It was a good movie, I thought. The effects were just awesome. Not enough Megan Fox which was a big letdown. Much funnier than the first movie. Plot wasn't as gripping but really, I wasn't paying much attention to the plot.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
2nd one is even BETTER, it wasnt a let donw, unless you were looking for something totally different

International Coach
2nd one is even BETTER, it wasnt a let donw, unless you were looking for something totally different

Sure, the action scenes were a hundred times better. But the storyline was a crappy rush job. You can't honestly say that the story really flows on nicely from the first?? It was all over the place.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

LOL see thats what i was saying. i went in there to get blown away with the action, graphics, auto-bots, sexy Foxy, and i did. so i wasnt disappointed. b/c i knew it wont have a story line or any thing. i just tried to enjoy the action. so if you went there to see something more then just action, a plot, then i can see where you are coming from. i agree though. if you take out the action, and everything, there wont be even 20 min of the movie.

International Coach
But isnt the main point of any movie to have a solid and good storyline/plot?

The first movie was great, the storyline was simple and had an awesome build up. This movie was one of the worst edited movies i've seen. The plot was just everywhere and was way to complicated to fit in 2 and a half hours.

But the action and Megan Fox saved the day.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
well not every movie. specially not on this one, when they spend about 150 mill on the graphics and stuff, you have to guess there isnt gona be any good storyline. they were too busy with tecnical stuff, it was all about the transformers..

if you want good storyline you can alway watch other good movies. there are a lot of those. but there are only handfull of these kinda action, transforming autobot foxy movies. so you gotta enjoy what you get.

but yes movie was a lil long, like i said, if you take Megan Fox and the actions out of it, there wont be any thing, as there is not much of a plot

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
well not every movie. specially not on this one, when they spend about 150 mill on the graphics and stuff, you have to guess there isnt gona be any good storyline. they were too busy with tecnical stuff, it was all about the transformers..

if you want good storyline you can alway watch other good movies. there are a lot of those. but there are only handfull of these kinda action, transforming autobot foxy movies. so you gotta enjoy what you get.

but yes movie was a lil long, like i said, if you take Megan Fox and the actions out of it, there wont be any thing, as there is not much of a plot

Err, no you don't. If you're paying for something, you have every right to criticize.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Err, no you don't.

ok then dont enjoy it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:. screw your evening/friday night or weekend w/e. not my problem..i had a good time watching

i am just giving my opinion, like it or not

International Coach

Your kidding right?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Transformers 2 takes all the good things about the first movie and makes them bigger and better... but it also does the same for all the bad things about the first movie... x1000000. Great action. Fantastic effects. More Transformers in both numbers and time on screen.... but HORRIBLE dialog.

6/10

Users who are viewing this thread