Rugby Union Tri-Nations Now 4 Nations

CCCakumbra

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What do you think of Argentina joining the Tri Nations?

Brook

Club Captain
Has it been officially confirmed? Last I heard they were only taking Argentina if they brought their best team.

I think it'll be better, they're not nearly as good as NZ or SA but at least the aussies will have someone to play.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Yeh this hasn't been officially announced, and they wont actually be in the tourny untill 2012. But as Brook said they have to bring their best squad or they can't be in. Personally I think it's a good thing for the Argentinians. I mean they came 3rd in the World Cup and they don't play any major competitions! So this has to be good for them.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It would be good to have them involved. Although this would be a good chance to reduce the games. I believe we still are having a 3 match home and away thing so like the current Tri Nations system but with Argentina involved.

D

Dutch

I love the utter speed and ball-handleing skills of the Argies and they won't be a pushover for any of the teams involved. It will make the competition much more interesting.:)

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
And it gives South Africa a historic rival, to match the Bledisloe....

Go Wallabies, Giteau for PM!

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
It would be good to have them involved. Although this would be a good chance to reduce the games. I believe we still are having a 3 match home and away thing so like the current Tri Nations system but with Argentina involved.

Wow, busy schedule. I'd be all for picking a host nation and then playing 2 fixtures on a weekend.. They do a lot of travelling..

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
They do. Especially the Boks, and Argentina would be doing even more :|

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Don't think the players will all be too keen on flying out to South Africa and then to Argentina. Still it'll be good for Argentinian rugby, they can be the Italy of what will now be the Quad Nations.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Argentina will do well out of it and I think this is great for world rugby. They could be the next big world team.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
All teams will have to do a a fair bit of traveling, I'll be interested seeing how the schedule this.

Users who are viewing this thread