Tri Nations (Rugby League)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I can say what I like, its MY OPINION.

How can you say he wasn't trying to fake his innocence? The only person that knows is him, not you, not me, not the refs, him!

You may have seen it as accidental but the Video Ref did not, hes the one calling the shots not you, not me, them! Yes them, there was 2 of them, both of them saw it as deliberate gave the penalty and no try.

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are you scared of being wrong????

Fine it may have been their call but that doesnt mean that they are always right!!!! Just because they have the power!!!

So what they say goes, does that make them correct??

Because you have to agree theres alot more people thinking it wasnt obstruction than those who thought it was!!!!!

Now surely the general concensus should be given but hey it isnt!! It made by 1 or 2 people. Therefore it is possible for them to be wrong!!!!

I do not accept that you cannot see that they might have been wrong!!!

If you live your life accepting everything with challenging it dont that make you a right push over????

Just wake up and accept that they can be wrong!!!!

Im sure in the NRL video referees have been wrong, often in Super League they are too!!

Im sure that maybe if you had a decision against you in this tournment then you might understand but seeing as you havent you think your all high and mighty!!!!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
OK, leave this now. The refereeing in this tournament has been pretty poor for all teams not just for Britain. Move on.

Bad refereeing decisions or not, Britain were outplayed on Saturday.

jdeus

We agreed GB were outplayed!!!!

Thats not the issue!!

Urrgh!!! God why are you people all so repressive about arguments???

Why cant you just let us agrue??

Both of us have valid points and it is about one of the most contreversial things in rugby league.

What is honestly wrong with expression of views???

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
jdeus said:
We agreed GB were outplayed!!!!

Thats not the issue!!

Urrgh!!! God why are you people all so repressive about arguments???

Why cant you just let us agrue??

Both of us have valid points and it is about one of the most contreversial things in rugby league.

What is honestly wrong with expression of views???
Your behaviour in this discussion is below the standards we expect from our members. We will not let people argue, however we will let them debate. If you want to discuss the issue in a mature manner please do so. However the manner in which you are discussing the issue is best suited to the school playground.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Interesting Long has just gone home for "Personal reasons". Whatever the reason thats quite a blow as he performed dam well against us. Not what GB needed for there must win against us.

GREAT Britain halfback Sean Long yesterday quit the Tri-Nations tour and flew home to his pregnant wife amid speculation of a drunken episode on the team's flight from New Zealand to Sydney on Sunday and a falling out with coach Brian Noble.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/t...back-quits-tour/2006/11/13/1163266480683.html

jdeus

Yeh, but we got another super player to bring on!!!

And he'll run rings around your guys! :D

Its the one and only!!!!

:happy Rob Burrows!!!!!!!! :happy

LOL, well thats if he's picked!

I imagine he will be because theres like no-one really else who can play.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
First I've heard of him, will be interesting seeing how GB lineup for this weekend and then how the halfback goes. It puts a lot of pressure on McGuire too.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
One thing Noble really needs to do is to call up Mark Calderwood. He was absolutely brilliant in the Federation Shield, and seemed to be involved in pretty much every England try in the final against Tonga.

jdeus

But who would he drop for calderwood???

Plus sometimes calderwood can be pretty shakey in defence.

However saying that he will be a needed burst of speed in attack!

I guess we'll see who he picks maybe he'll pick a real surprise??? After all it is Nobby!!! Could pick a northen ford player yet!!!!

I guess whoever he picks he needs to pick players that will play well on the night!

Just wonder if GB can beat Aust twice in a row and then make that thrice in a row!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Lol if you guys beat us the Kiwis will be blaming us for match fixing, and of course if we then go on and win the final that would confirm it.

On the halfback didn't I hear you guys weren't calling someone up, which makes sense given you guys may only have one more game left.

jdeus

So it would seem Richard Horne is to replace Sean Long!

Interesting choice!!!

Lets hope it works!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Great finish to the final of the Tri Nations. First half was a cracker Aussies held onto the ball well but were starting to give away silly penalties late in the half while the Kiwis showed good defence.

Second half was a shocker the sort of half that would give the coach a heart attack. Kiwis kept losing troops while dropping the ball along with the Aussies.

The ending however was fantastic, Mason should have won the match if not for the Inglis knock on. Aus looked the most likely to score as they did to win the game but if it had come to FG we could have gone on forever.

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
Sorry for the thread dig, but this is as close as I could find to a thread on international league.

Poor old NZ. 56-0 is a thrashing in anyone's books. I just hope the kiwis don't embarrass us by coming up here and winning the test series now!

Matai's tackle on Gas sounds a bad one too.

Users who are viewing this thread