Tutsi's A.I Patch Version 4.0 : Complete Edition

im using hard mode and i just scored over 500 runs, but it was a very good batting track, if you check my story thread for my last innings, you will notice very few runs were scored down the ground. I have to say its the first time ive ever scored over 400 runs. However better field placements from the cpu and they would have kept the runs down. ie when i was at like 400, and hussain was on 50, they kept all the fielders in and around the circle so it was relativly easy to score. There needs to be a way of sorting out the cpu fields

I find now, when I hit a good square drive, it is a line drive as opposed to going on the ground like it used to. Anyone else noticed this?

Originally posted by The_gas
after extensive testing i have a few suggestions for improvement of 4.1.

Shot Improvement:

Cover drive front foot: Something wrong with this shot, it is very weak for the human player even when timed well, i have never managed more than two runs with this shot. 9/10 it hits the batsmen's feet unless you leave it untill its so late it gets an edge, or you play and miss. (this is the most urgent problem)

Square cut back foot, still to many of these shots result in the human inside edgeing the ball onto his own stumps, it needs to be toned down a tad, but its still a good feature to have and does add to realism. Its fine if you try a square cut to close to your stumps but it happens if you cut the ball 4 yards outside off stump.

Front foot drive down the ground is too weak, and the wrist drive is played to often, have never scored more than one run using this shot.

Back foot drive down the ground is perfect if timed correctly, however it always goes to the same fielder, and same direction, so is almost redundant. Not sure if you can edit this but if you can it might need a tweak.

Square cut front foot shot could do with a bit mor power for human players

Some of the 6 hit shots still go a bit high despite some great tweaking by yourself tutsi, id like to see less height on a well timed shot, and a bit more distance. For example when playing a 6 hit front foot cover drive the height of this shot is pretty good, but it never beats the cover fielder, goes to him around head height 9 times out of 10.

Let me know what you think tutsi :cool:

hi guys and sorry for not replin to any of the post because i was on holiday to the great himalayas(india) and have just come yesterday night.

now comming to the official bussiness.

Cover drive front foot: well i don't find any problem in this shot. it hits the legs only if u mistime it or play quite close to the body. i play this hsot a lot and get boundaries. no problem at all.

Square cut back foot : the inside edge has been introduced so as to add to the realism and also many times CPU and HUMAN both used to got away with a good legth bll by playing it so inside edge makes them think as to whether play the shot or not. but still i'll try and improve the shot.

Front foot drive : the punched shot as been improved and power and direction of the shot has also been tweaked. now u'll find this shot much better to play. the point about "the wrist drive is played to often" well i can't do anything in that, it depends as to the line and length of the ball and ur position while playing the shot.

Back foot drive : this shot has been tweaked.

Square cut front foot : this shot has been tweaked.

if ther are any other problems regarding the patch which could be fixed by me, then plz post.

**plz help me on this, what is the offset for Back Cover (& 6 hit).

I am using this patch in my second test. One thing that I have noticed is that once the CPU batsman has played more than 60-70 balls, he goes in ODI mode playing too many aggressive shots.

Its very easy to get him caught then using a spinner or a slow medium pacer.

front and back foot drives down the ground, tutsi i still find the drives down the ground to weak, you cant score runs from these shots,especially the front foot drive. Variation in direction for these shots would help, and would be nice to have variation in direction for the cover drive if possible. But stil i like this patch :)

In regard to what vaughan said, i find it harder to bowl the cpu out, and i havent noticed if they are more aggressive or not as yet.

yup front foot and back foot straight drives need tweaking...and in tests and odi's i noticed the cpu trying to slog the bowler over mid on and getting caught at mid on quite often....got 3-4 wickets that way!!

the best part about this patch is hard to bowl the cpu
out I have spent a while on this patch and the bowling
at CPU is the best part about it. KEEP UP GOOD WORK

coo, any news on variation in the direction of shots tutsi?

well....i try to bring the drection of the shots to as real as possible adding the feature of variation.

but unfortunately i can't to much coz it often results in silly run-out bugs.

its hard to explain but u might have noticed reduced run-out bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread