TV Overlays

OllieWoods

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just wondering if it would be pheasible (pardon the spelling) to have different overlays in the game? You could choose between them in the options or have it set to different ones for different home countries. I think it would add that touch of realism - that and it would be quite cool having the C4 or Sky stuff come up like I was playing for England :)

I agree, something like that would be great! Maybe a choice of different graphics for several international broadcasters for different countries.

Maybe Sky for England home tests/ODIs, C9 for Australia, Ten Sports for Pakistan..any others?

At least i hope then can be edited like in C2004!

Ste

Don't forget Channel 4 for the Summer Tests. I'm still holding out against the evil money dictators :P

Totally awesome.Great idea.But for that they'd have to get licenses and stuff,right?

That's right. I think they'll have the real overlays of only those network from whom they have licensed/contracted commentators. That is, if they've real overlays at all and not just generic cricket game overlays.

It would be great to have the different overlays and things for the matches, if not though surely the editors will be able to edit them for the PC right???

Depends on how editor-friendly the game is. If they purposely make it difficult to extract graphic files then it may be difficult.

I think one of the good things in c2k4 was they made it easily editbale, if brian lara cricketg doesnt have some stuff i hope they make it easy to edit

c2k4 was made editable.
yeah it was ,but it took a lot of time forus to investigate the .gob

anyhow if the game is not editable,we at planetcricket would make it,right?

well guys continuing the discussion,
why not some of our top contributers try developing an overlay editor

so that anyone can have his logo of intrest

i mean i can have my own logo, scorecard etc

OllieWoods said:
Just wondering if it would be pheasible (pardon the spelling) to have different overlays in the game? You could choose between them in the options or have it set to different ones for different home countries. I think it would add that touch of realism - that and it would be quite cool having the C4 or Sky stuff come up like I was playing for England :)

Hey.. U have taken my idea from Codemaster's forum for BLIC 05..
I have already started thread named 'Changeable TV overlays, Pitch Ads and adboards' yesterday! ;)

Yes it would be a very nice feature if Codies take this into consideration!

Hasan said:
I have already started thread named 'Changeable TV overlays, Pitch Ads and adboards' yesterday! ;)

This thread was started 2 and a half weeks ago, so I think he got there before you! :D

Hasan said:

Yes it would be a very nice feature if Codies take this into consideration!

Not many browse two forums at a time.
Half of them don't even know that the code m forums exist ;)

I knew it existed - I'm on the Codies email newsletter list - but I never visit it. I win for once :P

Users who are viewing this thread