Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Finally watched Hawk-eye and it was par I guess. Felt more like a Disney Original than a Marvel Series.

Is Moon Knight worth it then?
Hawkeye has to be viewed like a "street-level" show. There's a clear dynamic developing in the MCU, between grandiose shows like Loki, WandaVision, What If, and more "street-level" shows like Hawkeye, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and I guess She-Hulk, Ms Marvel and Daredevil soon. I would class Moon Knight among the former, because it is simply brilliant and introduces a new part of the Marvel world.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That is why I am delaying it. Have been real busy too and already have some episodes of Ozark and Stranger Things remaining to watch.
I have to catch up on Stranger Things season 4, The Witcher season 2, Sex Education season 3, finish Black Mirror, Peaky Blinders season 6, plus start watching Dark, Ozark, Ted Lasso and The Boys. Also Better Call Saul coming back in July, and all the Marvel shows releasing this summer :sweat:

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I have to catch up on Stranger Things season 4, The Witcher season 2, Sex Education season 3, finish Black Mirror, Peaky Blinders season 6, plus start watching Dark, Ozark, Ted Lasso and The Boys. Also Better Call Saul coming back in July, and all the Marvel shows releasing this summer :sweat:
We're in the same boat.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Watched the first episode of Ms. Marvel.

Absolutely DESPISE Pakistani 'representation' being misrepresented as Indians-as-Pakistanis-in-disguise. Even though I know that for the most part India and Pakistan are the same shit in the Western eyes, but at least don't give us this pretense of Pakistani representation to sell your product in India. It ain't gonna work, nobody in India cares about Pakistan. Wanna sell something in India, make an Indian thing.

The girl playing Ms. Marvel (Iman Vellani) is doing a fabulous job. She is really convincing in her role. But her parents... my god. The mother needs to get her head caved in like Black Bolt in MoM. She has that accent that NO Pakistani has. It's the INDIAN accent. And honestly, I can't blame the show. It's not like there was this grand directive order to have it be that way, it's the actress. She simply can't act. In scenes where she's speaking Urdu, she comes across as a wooden plank more bland than fukcing Tommy Wiseau (from that film). The father isn't doing anything to enamor himself either, but at least he has less screen time (thankfully).

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Before it^ gets misconstrued as me being upset over a silly accent. That is only the tip of the iceberg. Honestly too annoyed to be coherently writing every single issue with that shit.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Absolutely DESPISE Pakistani 'representation' being misrepresented as Indians-as-Pakistanis-in-disguise. Even though I know that for the most part India and Pakistan are the same shit in the Western eyes, but at least don't give us this pretense of Pakistani representation to sell your product in India. It ain't gonna work, nobody in India cares about Pakistan. Wanna sell something in India, make an Indian thing.

The girl playing Ms. Marvel (Iman Vellani) is doing a fabulous job. She is really convincing in her role. But her parents... my god. The mother needs to get her head caved in like Black Bolt in MoM. She has that accent that NO Pakistani has. It's the INDIAN accent. And honestly, I can't blame the show. It's not like there was this grand directive order to have it be that way, it's the actress. She simply can't act. In scenes where she's speaking Urdu, she comes across as a wooden plank more bland than fukcing Tommy Wiseau (from that film). The father isn't doing anything to enamor himself either, but at least he has less screen time (thankfully).
Overall i liked it.
And by the way, it's not like i am one of those people who like anything with the Marvel logo. Eternals, Venom 2 and Morbius were shit, Venom 1 was good only because of the action and jokes, bad writing.
It's a colourful, lighthearted, fun teenage show.
About the accent, i agree with the frustration about Indian actors playing Pakistanis, but having met overseas Pakistanis my whole life, i can tell you, i've heard stranger accents :p
I know people from Islamabad with more "Western" accents :laughter:
Absolutely love the Pakistani soundtrack, the mid-credits had a track by Eva B from Kana Yaari, and there was some Ko Ko Korina (the original one).

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

I'm sure I saw something the other day saying they'd reshoot the show if they could get Shah Rukh Khan in the cast. So, it's kind of obvious that Disney want a slice of the Indian market.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I'm sure I saw something the other day saying they'd reshoot the show if they could get Shah Rukh Khan in the cast. So, it's kind of obvious that Disney want a slice of the Indian market.
I think Disney plus isn't available in Pakistan yet(I could be wrong) and the show will get a theatrical release there while India has Disney plus and a very competitive market.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Will binge Peaky Blinders season 6 on the weekend, now that it's finally on Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread