Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters
There's definitely an imbalance here, comparing the IPL with the others is like comparing apples with oranges. IPL teams are franchises, while the Australian and South African teams are local teams with local players. Middlesex have the overseas players too, but are still less franchised than the IPL sides.

IPL sides have a maximum of 4 overseas players per team, but the only 'international' player in the Victorian side is Darren Pattinson, who has lived in Australia for most of his life anyway and isn't even really English.

Setting a maximum like that, not to mention the monetary difference, is stupid and applies only to some teams. It will not help any other teams who will field teams that compete in real domestic leagues.

It will also be disappointing to see Shane Warne possibly play against Victoria, the side that gave him everything throughout his career.

Oh, and if Middlesex do better than Victoria, I will change my user title from Staff Member to Tool Of The Week (for a week of course). Victoria compete in a much stronger competition than the English domestic league, and have only lost one match across the three seasons we've been doing domestic T20 cricket. Yet Middlesex get 9 votes in this poll and are 'second favourites' according to some PC users.

It's not good at all,Hussey should've opted Western Warriors for this.I hate the BCCI :mad:

Hussey would have had moral obligations towards the CSK since he played with them and due to him(partly;)) and Huss didn't play for WA during the Big Bash at all.:eek:

Just looking at that WA side certainly doesn't strike fair into the opposition. Their batting certainly will if it fires but I do wonder about their bowling especially on the Indian tracks.

The Victorian squad has been named as well.

Victoria Squad Rob Quiney, Aiden Blizzard, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Cameron White (capt), Aaron Finch, Andrew McDonald, Adam Crosthwaite (wk), Matthew Wade (wk), John Hastings, Clint McKay, Shane Harwood, Peter Siddle, Darren Pattinson, Dirk Nannes.

Like WA a very good batting lineup but their bowling attack on Indian conditions could be a problem. They have no spinner which might prove a problem.

Just looking at that WA side certainly doesn't strike fair into the opposition. Their batting certainly will if it fires but I do wonder about their bowling especially on the Indian tracks.

The Victorian squad has been named as well.

Like WA a very good batting lineup but their bowling attack on Indian conditions could be a problem. They have no spinner which might prove a problem.
We have an Australian test spinner :) Baffling that we didn't pick Holland though.

Yea would have been a great experience for him to go to India with Victoria. I also noticed Hasting, that is an interesting one as he hasn't been great for Victoria. Did he do well in the T20 last season?

chennai vs titans
the titans have a lot of south african inetnationals like the morkel brothers steyn and ab devillers,chennai i assume will play hussey hayden murali and jacob oram as their 4 players.

chennai is stronger in the batting department with dhoni,suresh raina,hayden,hussey,oram, badrinath,parthiv patel and abhinav mukund is really given the ball a wack in the domestic season.

titans will rely on morkel and devillers for the quick runs.

bowling is where chennai fall short ,they have murali and oram who can bowl ,gony and balaji are decent and the 5th bowler is always a problem.when you compare it to steyn morkels and the domestic bowlers who look good for titans chennai is not better.

chennai are a really good feilding side but so are the titans ,so game on wait and watch.

The 5th bowler shouldn't be a problem at all tbh, Ashwin is an absolute beast, and I hope Dhoni was watching the Challengers, and I also hope they see sense and get Vijay in there somehow, I have no idea why he wasn't from the beginning.

Rajasthan Royals all the way led by Maverick Shane Keith Warne supported by Graeme Smith, Sohail tanvir, pocket dynamite Swapnil Asnodkar, our best fielder Mohammed Kaif, shane watson, Six hitter Yusuf pathan to name a few with solid back ups (might not be known but have shown plenty of promise during their stint in first edition of Ipl)

You did NOT just say Maverick...

Chennai lineup for me:

Hayden (OS)
Hussey (OS)
Raina
Dhoni (C and WK)
Badrinath
Oram (OS)
Arun Karthik/Murali Vijay/Some batsman
Gony
Ashwin / Amarnath
Balaji
Mularitharan (OS)

Arun Karthik is on fire, but we may need an extra bowler, in which case I'd go with Iceman Jogi.

Ah how could I forget. Dhoni's loves him too.

Who's going to captain for the final if we get there?

doode dont forget parthiv !!

parthiv will be in the sqad as the other batsman!! not murali vijay .....!!

Users who are viewing this thread