Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters
As far as I know,the squad can have a max of 8 overseas players and only 4 of them may field at any given time.

I dont get all hatred towards Ipl. What do you guys think of Stanford.

I dont get all hatred towards Ipl. What do you guys think of Stanford.

Wrong thread,sorry :p

I think the media has hyped up Stanford.20mn is a huge amount,but then,the teams should be playing for national pride.

Hussey to play for Chennai in Champions League

Michael Hussey has opted to play for his IPL team Chennai Super Kings instead of Australian state side Western Australia in the upcoming Champions Twenty20 League in December.

Western Australia squad:
Marcus North (capt), Adam Voges, David Bandy, Arron Crawford, Liam Davis, Brett Dorey, Theo Doropoulos, Ben Edmondson, Aaron Heal, Matt Johnston, Trent Kelly, Steve Magoffin, Shaun Marsh, Luke Pomersbach, Luke Ronchi (wk).

It's just wrong, truly wrong. Forcing him, it's not as if we're that desperate for Hussey, he isn't like our only world class player. I can't believe it, to be honest, ridiculous stuff.

If I was Hussey, I'd just refuse to play in the tournament.

Ho can anyone say Hussey is unhappy unless he has met him or he is Hussey hinself. :eek:

Because he publicly said that we wanted to play for WA? I don't know about that, but it's like you Sid, being forced to join any other state other than Punjab's side, I don't know.

I think his contract also meant that Australia and WA came before CSK, so I don't know why he just didn't choose to play for WA with that on his side.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/355890.html

Edit: oops, my fault, it's Chennai over the other two, read it wrong.

Is Dhoni Gonna play? since Last ODI against England is on Dec 2ed and Test Series starting at Dec 11.

and Champions League is from Dec 3rd - Dec 10th. He's First game will on Dec 4th though.

Man that's one busy schedule If he plays.

He'll only miss the final, providing we get there and that (god forbid :() he injures himself.

He'll only miss the final, providing we get there and that (god forbid :() he injures himself.

Ye, Intense pressure on him now, since he's Test Captain too now. I hope he stays fit. :upray

I too agree with sid. Lets not jump into conclusions without knowing the truth (lets not be Gilchrist:p)

Hussey says that he didnt play for WA in the tournament where they qualified for the league. So he says he is more aligned to CSK because he played for us (and he is instrumental in CSK moving forward with those good scores).

It's not good at all,Hussey should've opted Western Warriors for this.I hate the BCCI :mad:

How will you feel if anyone replaces you in team when you have worked ass off in regular season in domestic cricket to reach and win finals.

Where did you get that piece of info from ? Even in the IPL,teams were only allowed 4 overseas players in the side.
Sorry, I meant that to read "The IPL teams" not "IPL teams" meaning of course 4 per side on the pitch. Doesn't change the fact that without standardising the rules that the tournament will be a farce. Of course i don't expect that it will be viewed as a farce in India but I think if it looses credability elsewhere then there really isn't any point to it. They need to treat this like Champions League football in Europe where the rules for every team are the same no matter what their local league rules are.

Users who are viewing this thread