U19 Cricket World Cup (January - February) 2016

Yeah Khan not Ahmed. Also this was not a case of being confused, I just remembered the name wrong. Confusion is Mayank Agarwal and Manish Pandey, I can never tell which is which. :)
Remember the "P"okerAce trick? And yes Sarfraz Khan is a good cricketer.Good with the bat and can bowl some useful legbreaks too.

In what is a significant result, Bangladesh easily beat SA today by 43 runs. Now I know Bangladesh are playing at home and all that, but that Bangladesh are producing players who in their age group can beat those from SA, a significant cricketing power is no joke. I think the future is looking good for B'desh cricket, and they could become a real force in the years two come.

I am very interested in two of the games tomorrow - Afg vs Pak and Irl vs Ind.

Irl and Afg are two sides I want to do well, and it will be a window into how the next gen is doing in those nations. A strong performance from both will please me a great deal.

India made a decent total in the end. Sarfaraz and Sundar were impressive. They took the pressure well and made good score. Ansari's knock in the end was very important. Hopefully we defend the score.

Ind19 268/9 (50.0 ov, KK Ahmed 1*, RR Batham 7*, J Little 3/52) - Innings break | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Just tuned into see the score, and India well on their way to defend the target. Sarfaraz and Bhui are know key players, but I was very impressed with Sundar's score. He is just 16, and to play that knock after a top order collapse is a good effort. Also good to see a lower order contribution from Ansari lower down the order with the bat. He is in the side for his bowling and if he can contribute with the bat then even better.

Meanwhile a gigantic upset potentially happening in Nepal vs New Zealand. Chasing 238, NZ 121/5 right now. Quite a hole they have dug for themselves.

Ya. I was seeing the score just now. Looks like Nepal is all set to upset NZ. And I think India will win pretty comfortably.

Impressed with 16 yr Sundar with the bat and now hearing he can bowl offspin. That he is a proper bowler. Thats a great find then. He has a very clean action, which is a good start for 16 yr off spinners.

I remember playing EA World Cup, can't remember if it was 99 or 03 world cup, 99 more likely, and there was not one ball I cudn't hit for a six :)

Speaking of hitting sixes, Ireland batsmen have entered EA mode right now it seems.

I remember playing EA World Cup, can't remember if it was 99 or 03 world cup, 99 more likely, and there was not one ball I cudn't hit for a six :)

Speaking of hitting sixes, Ireland batsmen have entered EA mode right now it seems.
They need 134 from 13.4 overs. Still with India on this.

Nepal have won ... a big win for them, against the kiwis !! Ind vs NZ next, wonder if that will eliminate the kiwis.

They need 134 from 13.4 overs. Still with India on this.

As long as Ireland compete I am happy. I was really looking forward to how Afg would perform, but they were beaten with ease. Its important for the two top associates to have youngers who can compete with the rest around hte world. Thats why Nepal beating the kiwis is good. It means the base is strong.

Users who are viewing this thread