U19 Cricket World Cup (January - February) 2016

Wht about Pakistan, any players you are particularly excited about.
We have been doing well as a unit but there isn't any particular player that stands out. Pakistani players haven't been performing so well as individuals. There really isn't any match winning innings or spell by an individual that has been produced by our current squad member. But as a whole, we've been having some decent results and wins which include the latest Tri-Series win against New Zealand and Australia in our adopted homeground.

This world cup will be a big boost to Pakistan and hopefully we can find some young and exciting talent because the men's team hasn't been doing so well a lot recently.

great to see nepal beat new zealand again; although associate wins are generally more common at under 19 world cups for whatever reason. probably because they actually use a good format so more smaller nations get a chance to play

watched the first few minutes of the ireland/india game last night because i couldn't sleep; i gave up after india were 44/3 after 16 overs or whatever it was; i'm pretty sure that one of the openers was called pants which is honestly an appropriate name. i'm actually surprised they scored as much as they did! ireland had that bowler whose name i've forgotten that was bowling pretty quickly, and that's an area where ireland have generally lacked in the past. they're doing good for a team that never actually qualified for the thing

watched the first few minutes of the ireland/india game last night because i couldn't sleep; i gave up after india were 44/3 after 16 overs or whatever it was; i'm pretty sure that one of the openers was called pants which is honestly an appropriate name. i'm actually surprised they scored as much as they did! ireland had that bowler whose name i've forgotten that was bowling pretty quickly, and that's an area where ireland have generally lacked in the past. they're doing good for a team that never actually qualified for the thing
i did watch a few overs, that bowler is rory anders i think, and the opener was Pant who is pronounced p-a-nt.

i did watch a few overs, that bowler is rory anders i think, and the opener was Pant who is pronounced p-a-nt.

Lol, I don't think that made it any clearer for him.

I remember we had a teacher called Pant once, in school, and we used to call him Pant, as in trouser. It was funny at the point.

Pant is actually pronounced the same way one would pronounce Punt, with a soft 'T'.

Lol, I don't think that made it any clearer for him.

I remember we had a teacher called Pant once, in school, and we used to call him Pant, as in trouser. It was funny at the point.

Pant is actually pronounced the same way one would pronounce Punt, with a soft 'T'.
Only a lawyer or an English-Hindi joint teacher could've cleared. :p

Yesterday there were no real upsets ... for today's games, Nepal have beaten Irl and qualify for the Elite K-O round. Its a brilliant achievement for them. I was disappointed with Irl, but one must keep in mind that they were last minute replacements after Aus pulled out, and didn't come fully prepared. India well on their way to beat NZ, and that will end NZ chances of advancing to the next Elite round. They will continue the tournament in Plate division, where the best they can hope for is 9th place finish.

Pak look set for an easy win against Canada, while Afg find themselves in a tough, but still possible chase against SL. Afg need 73 runs from 78 balls with 4 wickets in hand.

For India, Sarfaraz Khan, who is definitely a future India player along with Ricky Bhui, scored his second 50 in as many games.

Watching Avesh Khan bowl, and am very impressed. Even in Bangladesh he has gotten the old(ish) ball to seam off the pitch, has decent pace for a 19 yr old. Can touch mid 130s regularly. He obviously needs to get that pace up into the 140s but short of that, I like what I have seen. He is a big unit, and once he get that pace up a bit, he will be a handful. Definite potential.

Also forgot to mention the leggie Zeeshan Ansari, who has impressed me a great deal with his control. Can bowl googly at will and with complete control. Has good line and length.

Last edited:
I was watching first few overs of second innings from IND v NZ game, I must say those couple of catches in slip were brilliantly taken. Also Star Sports shown Batham's spell from last match during his today's spell; there he had managed to create a couple of opportunities for slips and those were converted into top class catches as well. I can not be wrong to say that these youth players are a better unit of slip fielders than India's national cricket team players.

We have won second match in a row now. That probably confirms our place in next round.[DOUBLEPOST=1454147003][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, Nepal have also won their second match. That makes both India and Nepal winning 2 of 2 and NZ and Ire winning nil with all teams playing 2 matches each. So, that confirms both India and Nepal qualifying for next round.

Last edited:
Pakistan don't really have a "star" in the team (like Sarfraz Khan and Sam Curran) but as a team unit we're pretty good. Hopefully we'll beat Sri Lanka in the last match of the group stages to top our group.

India vs Nepal is going to be one hell of a match, Sarfaraz Khan is the player to watch out for in this tournament. Also, I think Australia's presence could've made an impact on both India and Nepal's performance because they would've been in the same group.

Users who are viewing this thread