UK - Postal Strike

I believe the royal mail will be working at 90% capacity tommorow even though 12000 people are striking. Fingers crossed our orders will be delivered as per normal.

Where did you hear that from? Do you have a link?

Edit: It's slinging it down right now - good thing the next Test is not in London...

Yea bbc website m8. Just search it and there is an article on it.

Leepy added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Actually I read about it in the Independent today aswell.

Yea bbc website m8. Just search it and there is an article on it.

Leepy added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Actually I read about it in the Independent today aswell.

I searched there and all I can find is that there's going to be a strike. Can't see anything about services being 90% capacity...

I searched there and all I can find is that there's going to be a strike. Can't see anything about services being 90% capacity...

Mate isnt it going to be available in stores now tomorrow? Has your order been dispatched? If it has not then just cancel and go buy instore. If it has then you will probably get it, in a strike (at least in the US) they just do not send out new mail, but deliver all what is in transit

ye sos m8 i found on bbc about 12000 on strikes plus where they will be striking. I got the approximate 90% capacity from Independent newspaper.

Leepy added 8 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Here is a link BBC NEWS | UK | Postal workers' strike announced

It says 90% of staff will be working.

Nice one. There's still an (outside) chance my copy will be here Saturday then, but Monday is a more realistic proposition. :facepalm

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Mate isnt it going to be available in stores now tomorrow? Has your order been dispatched? If it has not then just cancel and go buy instore. If it has then you will probably get it, in a strike (at least in the US) they just do not send out new mail, but deliver all what is in transit

It'll cost me about ?10 more in store, if you include the money to get there (no car, so I have to do public transport). I'd rather wait longer than have to pay extra, because after all, when it arrives, you've got it, but you've still got your ?10 as well. :) I only paid ?17.99 at play.com - it's down at ?24.99 in most stores.

HMV.com are now shipping it, but it's ?24.99 there. Why are play...umm...playing it by the book when places like shopto are sending it to customers earlier than release date?

No, it hasn't been dispatched, it's still up as 'preordered'.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? Haven't heard anything about a strike and BBC article that is being linked is from July 14th and mentions nothing of an August strike.

Or am I being blind...?

There's going to be a strike but iirc i read somewhere that the postal service will be apparently running at 90% if capacity still...but sadly that is still rubbish. :noway

I had ordered with Play but I'm glad I got itchy feet yesterday and cancelled as they clearly don't seem to have received their stock yet, plus it's coming from Jersey. Glad I went to Shopto instead as I got it this morning.

I'll definitely be using Shopto more often in the future, although Play are still usually very good.

My copy was despatched this morning from Amazon via Royal Mail Special Delivery and I'm reliably informed (by a striking postman) that special deliveries will still get through, strike or no strike.

Perhaps this will be a crumb of comfort - I doubt I'm the only person to whom it's been despatched Special Delivery...

Ordered it though Amazon using the Amazon prime trial which I believe is Royal Mail Special Delivery. Even though I'm in London I'm hoping they might get out all the special delivery orders. I guess Monday is more realistic.

Amazon says it was dispatched today.

Does anybody know if Royal Mail prioritise Special Delivery when there's a strike?

Shopto posted my copy on Monday and it still hadn't arrived today, so they posted out a replacement copy today, now I read about this strike :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread