UK - Postal Strike

just don't tell them and sell the second copy:spy

I was joking. They would know if both copies arrived tbh, and would probably ask for it back. Hopeful that I will get my copy tommorow but a little worried now. First Class Recorded from Shopto though so hopefully will arrive tommorow.

I was joking. They would know if both copies arrived tbh, and would probably ask for it back. Hopeful that I will get my copy tommorow but a little worried now. First Class Recorded from Shopto though so hopefully will arrive tommorow.

That is not bad, I am getting it through Royal Air Mail which will take anywhere between 6-28 working days!

I finished signing up for Shopto literally a few minutes too late. Before I signed on, the status was 'last few in stock'; after I'd completed the registration, it had changed to pre-order. Can you believe that luck? It might have been here tomorrow, as it is I'll have to wait until Monday, or later depending on how long the postal workers decide to go Postal for.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

That is not bad, I am getting it through Royal Air Mail which will take anywhere between 6-28 working days!

True enough; I'm glad I live in England. :)

I thought they delivered the despatched mail but ignored the posted stuff.

I finished signing up for Shopto literally a few minutes too late. Before I signed on, the status was 'last few in stock'; after I'd completed the registration, it had changed to pre-order. Can you believe that luck? It might have been here tomorrow, as it is I'll have to wait until Monday, or later depending on how long the postal workers decide to go Postal for.

Same here dude was just signing upto shopto this afternoon took them an hour to send me a activation email by which they didnt have any left.. So ill just have to stick with Play.. At least it now says the orders been taken thats something i guess :)

beat the cutoff point by about half an hour. Looking at the prices and stuff will be using Shopto for games more often in future.

Same here dude was just signing upto shopto this afternoon took them an hour to send me a activation email by which they didnt have any left.. So ill just have to stick with Play.. At least it now says the orders been taken thats something i guess :)

Yes, mine's changed to 'order taken'. Maybe they'll send it first class as they understand that when customers preorder a game, they wish to have it in their hands on the day of release and I placed my order Monday, so that's more than enough time to deliver the game ordinarily. If it leaves very early tomorrow, there's still an outside chance for Saturday.

current status for my copy from Shopto is dispatched so all looks good for arriving tommorow. Play are usually very good, a friend pre-ordered Halo 3 from Play and it came 2 days before release.

current status for my copy from Shopto is dispatched so all looks good for arriving tommorow. Play are usually very good, a friend pre-ordered Halo 3 from Play and it came 2 days before release.

So they're usually good with preorders and send them early like shopto? They must have had delays getting their PC copies in. I know that play are usually good for ordinary orders, but this is actually the first time I preordered a game.

well that's just one incidence tbh, my dad pre-ordered MGS 4 from Play like 3 months before release, but didn't recieve it until 2 days after release.

Yes, mine's changed to 'order taken'. Maybe they'll send it first class as they understand that when customers preorder a game, they wish to have it in their hands on the day of release and I placed my order Monday, so that's more than enough time to deliver the game ordinarily. If it leaves very early tomorrow, there's still an outside chance for Saturday.

Just had another look at Play.com still hasnt changed from order taken which it was at last night. I doubt we will be getting it anytime soon as the website doesnt have the PC version in stock at the moment...

Just had another look at Play.com still hasnt changed from order taken which it was at last night. I doubt we will be getting it anytime soon as the website doesnt have the PC version in stock at the moment...

Well, they'd better get their arses in gear, because if Shopto get there first, then they'll have my money, as they will have for all future preorders.

I'm about to send an email to them asking why they haven't managed to get the PC version in, yet they have every other version. I placed my order on Monday, it's not as if I just placed it yesterday.

Play are usually really good with their orders im a bit dissapointed really i placed my order last friday so im not best pleased that they still havent posted it. I might email them to if you get a reply could you post it up ? Cheers..

Users who are viewing this thread