Ultimate, Fix-All Patch

Belly1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just purchased Cricket 2004 and have come onto this site to get an update only to find that there a 4 million patches, all of which have to be run separately and independently of one another and not at the same time - the patch creators must have a sense of irony to mimic the error-prone characteristics of the game. Is there not someone out there who can put these excellent fixes into one executable, simple major patch? Please?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
No, because that would require access to the source code and more expertise than most of us have got. I suggest you start by reading the New Users FAQ which will tell you which of the 4 million patches you need the most. We'd love it too if you could just run an executable file and all the problems would be fixed but life isn't like that. Whilst the patchers work hard to make the game playable most the patches aren't bug fixes but gfx updates to make the game more realistic.
Finally I would say that if you think this is complicated you should have been here 12 months ago. All the editors have excellent GUI and there is plenty of help around. As someone who has updated rosters and lineups through hex editing I can honestly say that the available editors make life 1000 times easier.

Belly1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Many thanks Barmy - I wasnt having a go at the guys who have done a great job fixing stuff which should have been addressed by EA initially, I raise my bat to them.

Users who are viewing this thread