University Student- Online Game Help

aamworld

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I just got my game today and I tried playing it online using gamespy arcade with a few people but it dint seem to work. Someone told me to use port forwarding but I dont know how to since this is a university hub. Other games work online for my friends and even my ps3 works online. Applications such as bearshare and other p2p work as well. I was just wondering if anyone has an idea as to how I could tackle this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

aamworld...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ronan_UK said:
A university student that can afford a PS3? Blimey!

Don't be silly. Everyone knows that Uni students have the highest disposable income of any group in society ;)

I used something called http tunnel when I was in halls. Not sure how legal it is though so I might have to ban myself later for taking about it...

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Not sure how legal it is though so I might have to ban myself later for taking about it...

Mod preview will be enough for a first offence.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I just cant picture you being bad Colin, your a good lad. :thumbs

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
The_gas said:
I just cant picture you being bad Colin, your a good lad. :thumbs
Could that "thumps up" face be any more patronising?!

@thread starter: You could have a go at emailing your resnet people asking for ports 11514-11516 (I think) to be opened up for you. They might just say no though, and probably will.

aamworld

School Cricketer
yeah they will probably say no... thats the thing... and i really want to play the game online... yea ps3 was quite a lot of money but i saved up for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread