US Makes Bid To Host 2007 World Cup

SumoNYR88

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The USA, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands are all hoping to host matches in the 2007 Cricket World Cup.
The event will centre on the West Indies, with a total of 51 matches beginning in April 2007.

Four first round groups, involving six matches, will each be based in a single region to reduce travelling time.

The five traditional Test venues plus Grenada, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines make up the 12 territories in the bidding.

The organizing committee will release detailed requirements for hosting matches on 19 February, signaling the start of the bid process.

If they do not succeed in securing a first-round group, smaller regions could secure part of the 24-match round-robin second round.

The Super Six format used in the last two tournaments has been expanded by two teams.

Former West Indies spinner Lance Gibbs is chairman of the USA bid, which is expected to be based in Florida.

Finally, cricket will get it's first real show in the United States...people in the US think cricket is all white kits and no fun...the World Cup should change that...

they have this dumb fomat or each islands holding a group...well that is kind dumb because windies have more than one island and us and can want some cricket too...they should just do it like sa format and move it to diffeerent venues so that everybody gets cricket(or atleast if can qualify they get to see canada mathces like they did for tih scwc withzim and ken but that doesnt helpm pormote the gamre...no one wants to see a boring match)

i officaly put a bid for canada...lol

Canada can't host games as the temperature in Toronto is hardly conducive
to cricket in February/March.

Although each first round group is held in the same area, the Super 8 phase will move round the area.

And Sumo, when you post an article can you please credit the source. Thanks.

CANADS CAN'T HOST WC07 CUZ U KNOW WAT THEY LOT OF GROUNDS BUT EVERY SINGLE GROUND IS SUCK. AND ALSO THERE IS NO FOR PLACE SITTING SO NO ONE WOULD GO TO WATCH MATCH. AND THERE NO EVEN A REST ROOM.

After translating your post into English, I have discovered that you are talking rubbish.

The Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club is an ICC approved international ground which has hosted at least 16 ODIs. And it does have a changing room, as do all the Toronto based grounds used in the ICC Trophy in 2001.

Check your facts before posting complete rubbish like this.

The Club isn't young by any standards either...175 years and still going strong!! The place looks pretty nice to me...

tcscc_login_photo.jpg

Their Home Page...http://www.torontocricketclub.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1

i have been there. even i played one match their too. still canada can't host wc7

canada have a good grounds...the one i play at is rated by icc as a potential icc ground...plus if it is windies can can do some preps and make it much better...

also i come from a small town and let me say that Sir Donald Bradman came here and played...he mentions it in his biography...but due too perosnal reasons i dont want to say the city..

this is the club i play at...it has a tree in the middle like canterbury

Attachments

• inverhaugh.jpg
    inverhaugh.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
it is one of the few grounds in Canada that has actual grass...like the field....it takes alot of work the owner is rela nice, he lets all juniors play for free(and he provides equipment too!!! and it is good ones) the only requiremtn he aks from juniors is we do our hsare of work and come in on 2 work days(one at starting of season to get pitch ready and field and then one at end to put covers and clean up everytihng and so on)

nice guy he is

Inverhaugh Cricket Club

or r u talking about the one bradman played at...i think that was called something rec centre...but it isnt here anymore

Users who are viewing this thread