Warm-Up Matches

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India''s bowling is so weak that even Windies can score 250+. btw was Tendulkar rested or is he injured?

If Tendulkar is injured, its big news man. He was rested. And dont even cast the evil eye. We need Tendulkar big time.

A bad game for most of our batsmen. But Abhishek Nayar showed what he was capable of. Yuvraj, Dhoni and Yusuf failed big time. Raina was OK but needed more runs. Mishra batted well. I think Nayar could have really improved his chances with this innings and could give Yusuf a good fight for that all rounder spot. Why wasnt he bowled today by Dhoni? Anyways this is a warmup game and wont read much into it. We started poorly in the 2003 WC but we went on to the finals.

P.s: Initially, Cricinfo said NZ were 244/7 and then suddenly inbetween India's innings, the score was increased to 301. What was that for?

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why does Guptill bowl? He has hardly bowled in FC cricket...I would've thought they bowled Taylor if they needed some overs...?

naresh091

International Cricketer
Dhoni should have given the ball to Nayar.Maybe he doesnt want to drop Yusuf?:sarcasm
Nayar might be useful as a medium pacer.We need to groom him.Yusuf saved his spot a little by picking three wickets,but still no runs from the bat.

irottev

School Cricketer
Why does Guptill bowl? He has hardly bowled in FC cricket...I would've thought they bowled Taylor if they needed some overs...?

Maybe he's working on his bowling, it is strange indeed. Broom's had a few overs too. If we need part timers I think Ryder and Elliot are enough anyway.

SachBro

School Cricketer
India''s bowling is so weak that even Windies can score 250+. btw was Tendulkar rested or is he injured?

Hey man, he might have a niggle or two, but I don't think it would hamper India's chances of playing him as he is clearly the backbone of indian batting. Besides, he suffered cramps in his last game, may be Dhoni was playing safe. Good to see Mishra in such form, that too in SAan wickets, I really believe he should be played as India can go with two spinners, however with Yusuf bowling well, I don't think that is going to happen. Fast bowling really sucked and Nayar was sensational, he could really be a great finisher for India, hoping they don't forget him. :(

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
RP Singh 8 2 66 1 8.25

:rtfl :rtfl :laugh :rtfl :rtfl Welcome Mr. Shameless RP Singh, to South Africa.

This guy is playing cricket still without shame. May be, lets take a tour to Zimbabwe where RP will be smashed without any shame & then he might consider about retirement. :sarcasm Com'on selectors, lets bring back Munaf, Pathan and Balaji and make them to loose all the shame. :banana2 Lets dissolve the Indian cricket team until we find a proper bowler who knows the basic of bowling atleast, may be it should take another decade.Pathetic bowling by the pace jokers is going to knock us down in the preliminary round itself. Our miserable record in champions trophy going to continue for third consecutive time now.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan looking solid in the warm ups, they are so bloody random. Shite one day and then world beaters the next. Would love to see them send the aussies home.

I`d put more money on them sending India packing than Australia.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If Tendulkar is injured, its big news man. He was rested. And dont even cast the evil eye. We need Tendulkar big time.

A bad game for most of our batsmen. But Abhishek Nayar showed what he was capable of. Yuvraj, Dhoni and Yusuf failed big time. Raina was OK but needed more runs. Mishra batted well. I think Nayar could have really improved his chances with this innings and could give Yusuf a good fight for that all rounder spot. Why wasnt he bowled today by Dhoni? Anyways this is a warmup game and wont read much into it. We started poorly in the 2003 WC but we went on to the finals.

P.s: Initially, Cricinfo said NZ were 244/7 and then suddenly inbetween India's innings, the score was increased to 301. What was that for?

They gave New Zealand 60 runs for being nice :spy

D0N

Club Cricketer
Waooo Pakistan won the second warm-up match.Now i am sure Pakistan in the Position to defeat the competitors :D

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Neil Broom gets a fifty which might allow him to keep his place in the team for a little longer seeing as he is on thin ice.

irottev

School Cricketer
Neil Broom gets a fifty which might allow him to keep his place in the team for a little longer seeing as he is on thin ice.

Yeah, maybe a tad harsh. He kept being jigged around in the batting order in the last few ODIs we played. He didn't get a good chance to bat and then in the game where we collapsed he didn't help the recovery much. But still, it's ood he got a good but and proved how good he is.

Users who are viewing this thread