Twenty20 World Cup Warm-up matches

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wtf!?!?

Have Australia been penalised 50 runs? Because I refrreshed it, and the score became 6/116 from 17.4 overs.

Edit: All is well. Score back to 6/176 as we continue to take a pounding.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Good win of Pakistan. Malik with a fifty and Gul and Afridi got three wickets each.

Pakistan 181/6 (20/20 ov)
Zimbabwe 127/8 (20.0/20 ov)

Pakistan won by 54 runs

Samuels and Chanderpaul were the main men here. Samuels hit 63 runs of 30 balls. Mishra, Ouma and Odoyo didn't do that bad for Kenya.

Kenya 155/5 (20/20 ov)
West Indies 156/4 (17.3/20 ov)

West Indies won by 6 wickets (with 15 balls remaining)

irottev

School Cricketer
Wow Hilfy didn't bowl out. Strange. Does he usually bowl at the death?

Looks like a good score. Aussies can chase anything though. Good to see we have thus far put up a good show. Good start to the tournament.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors

Looks like a good score. Aussies can chase anything though. Good to see we have thus far put up a good show. Good start to the tournament.

I honestly don't know, as Hopkins gets run out. And McMillan is bowled for a well played 60 on the final ball of the innings.

New Zealand 8/182 after their 20 overs. A good score.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Some great hitting of Taylor and McMillan.

New Zealand 182/8 (20.0/20 ov)

The other matches:

Well restricting of Bangladesh

Scotland 145/8 (20.0/20 ov)

Albie Morkel is still there and he can get some quick runs. Malinga bowled very well.

South Africa 152/7 (18.0/20 ov)

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Gilly should start pounding right about now.

Edit: CrAP HES OUT FIRST BALL!!!!!! :crying

Hayden's gone too!!!

Rpy, as calm as ever just smashed Bond and says take that!

2/7 after 1 over. :S

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Wow. Gilchrist and Hayden gone for a duck! Both undone by Bond.

Pretty coincidence actually English openers today went for a duck and now the Australian openers.

By now Hodge is gone also. But Australia have some hitters to come.

New Zealand 182/8 (20/20 ov)
Australia 30/3 (4.0/20 ov)

And this is pretty strange. Now the scorecard says this:

Scotland 91/7 (20/20 ov)

Earlier Scotland scored 145 runs.

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman

Practice match decision, they must have wanted to see Johnson bowl out. Lee and Hilfy were sensational, but in truth, I don't think either Bracken or Johnson have done too badly, if you think about it.

*tangent*

In ODIs, 250 is the universal par score and for a bowler, economy of 5 is generally regarded as slightly expensive (although these days it seems to be leaning more towards 6). In T20Is 180-200 has generally been ideal. Logically, then, anything under 9 an over in normal conditions is a good contribution.

I'd further extend the maths to say that averaging 30 with the ball will be pretty poor. Bowlers tend to average around 8 and a half overs per match in ODIs and a decent strike rate is 35, so an average performance for a bowler averaging a healthy 26 is about 1.5 for 40.

Extrapolating to T20, a similar performance would be 1.5 for 30 in about 3 over and 2 balls. That gives an average of 20. You'd also be looking at bowlers striking at under 15.

So, by my calculation, bowlers who are really good at T20 will easily average 20 or under, while a bowler averaging higher than 25 wouldn't be particularly impressive at all.

*end tangent*

Seems like Aus wouldn't mind being able to play a couple more batsmen, but these two are showing fine form for now. It's a balancing act, though, NZ could crack through and make it home comfortably.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I see Ponting in the names of 'to bat'. I thought he didn't reach South Africa yet.

Australia wins. Lee finishes the match with a six. Hussey was out just before the end. Symonds scored runs also.

New Zealand 182/8 (20/20 ov)
Australia 187/6 (18.2/20 ov)

Bangladesh wins the other match against Scotland. Nazimuddin with another great innings.

Currently there is a great chase going on the Sri Lanka vs South Africa match.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
In the end Sri Lanka won that match against South Africa. They had to score about 10 runs an over, so a great achievement by them.

And yeah, tomorrow it will be a good contest between Pakistan vs Sri Lanka.

irottev

School Cricketer
Some pretty good innings there from Symonds and Hussey. Martin and Gillespie were a bit expensive,m everyone else did their job. Especially Bondy. I think from just the warm up games and previous matches we can see that extreme pace is the most difficult to hit. After getting Hayden and Gilly in the first few balls, I would have backed us to win.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Good comeback after being 3/15 after 1.4 overs.

Roy and Mr Cricket played superb knocks. Bond bowled brilliantly before Binga hit a six to win the game. :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Awesome bowling by Hilfy hopefully this makes the selectors take more notice of him. To think he wasn't even in the squad. As expected Lee's extra pace was going to cause problems. Bit of a shame Hodge couldn't produce one of his 20/20 knocks but good batting from Roy and Hussey.

Users who are viewing this thread