WC2007: Super 8

Hahahahahaha! What a show from johnston....got 27 runs and eventually got bowled from Flintoff

Ireland last hope in White just got out. With late hitting like that just need the middle order to keep the RRR reasonable.

Now we can get down to playing the big teams. Good to see Freddie back in form in this match.

wolf said:
Now we can get down to playing the big teams. Good to see Freddie back in form in this match.

Freddie back in form :p he has still not face the maestro yet ;)

Next match we will get some clues about Freddies comeback form

Last edited:
Michael Vaughan is a bowling all-rounder! Who's have known?
For some reason we seem to treat the Powerplays like a test match situation and only try to score boundaries when the field is back...

barmyarmy said:
Michael Vaughan is a bowling all-rounder! Who's have known?
For some reason we seem to treat the Powerplays like a test match situation and only try to score boundaries when the field is back...

England need to try and build players during this world cup. Basically, there is too much emphasis on the middle order with the top order doing nothing. Maybe Vaughan needs to go three and Kevin Pietersen can open. I understand that is a bit out there, but England need powerplay runs and need to solve the problem of a 1, 2 and 3 who cannot score more than 40 between them consistantly.

Get Bell out, he's scoring runs but a) not a good rate or b) big scores. Get Strauss in imo.

I loved Bumbles attitude,complete positivity! he'll get a 100 because he's due one. I think it would be too much of a risk to open with Pietersen at this stage of the super 8's,3 he may be able to deal with but the new ball at this crucial stage?

Sureshot said:
Get Bell out, he's scoring runs but a) not a good rate or b) big scores. Get Strauss in imo.

I'd rather have Mal Loye or someone...Strauss does what Bell does with less runs.

Occasionally, one or both of the openers should just blitz and get us off to an absolute flier (I'm speaking 7 or 8 an over instead of 5 or 5 1/2). Will we ever reach 350 again? I really hope Marcus Trescothick returns

Good to hear that Vaughan bowled, is a good option in my opinion. Joyce is there to up the rate if he stays in, against Kenya he just held an end as the RRR wasn't that high. I'd rather have us bat second though to be honest. Strauss deserves a go, even just as a pinch hitting opener, which he was doing in the last English summer.

It was good batting by Collingwood. Bell and Strauss like someone said, are the same type of player, Strauss does score runs, but very very slowly

Having won by only 48 runs, Well done Ireland :clap They have to work on batting a lots. I really pity them for Lankans game as they wud be clueless against spin magic. Hope Irish ppl get grassy pitches like they got against Pakistan ;)

And regarding England batting, Joyce & Vaughan.. I don't know what they are doing with bat in hand :p Prbly Vaughany can come down the order. Without Colly, England wud have faced a upset i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread