We need more people online

rellocan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stop playing single player and start playing multiplayer !, its a lot more fun once you get good, and play with people who live near you so there's no lag. The most I have seen online so far is 20 players which isn't too great.

I'm pretty sure that the population would go up if this game gets released in stores.

I have never seen more than 20 people online. With only 2000 registered in the first week, its a bad sign. Usually this is supposed to be the most hype and busy time, during the first week of AC09 there were literally thousands online playing and even today there are always people online during UK evening hours.

Not releasing on console will cost CR.

are you fazzy? you gotta learn to square cut and what not, those delivery's aren't wide, its just not everything can be driven. Post a screen shot of one of those wides so i can see if its really wide or not. Because 90% of the delivery's you claimed were "wide" were just you standing right next to a wide delivery so it couldn't be called a wide, or it just wasn't wide and you left it alone.

I have never seen more than 20 people online. With only 2000 registered in the first week, its a bad sign. Usually this is supposed to be the most hype and busy time, during the first week of AC09 there were literally thousands online playing and even today there are always people online during UK evening hours.

Not releasing on console will cost CR.

I believe they are interested in releasing this game on the Wii sometime in the future, don't quote me on that though cant remember who said it, i am pretty sure it was a moderator on there site called Moods.

are you fazzy? you gotta learn to square cut and what not, those delivery's aren't wide, its just not everything can be driven. Post a screen shot of one of those wides so i can see if its really wide or not. Because 90% of the delivery's you claimed were "wide" were just you standing right next to a wide delivery so it couldn't be called a wide, or it just wasn't wide and you left it alone.

I believe they are interested in releasing this game on the Wii sometime in the future, don't quote me on that though cant remember who said it, i am pretty sure it was a moderator on there site called Moods.

We have people who use those wide length strategy on AC09 and we ignore them. You have beaten me with fair strategy yet when the game last night was gonna be a close match you used that cheap tactics. I call it cheap because it doesn't requires brain to bowl one ball one line 200 times.
I bowled you out at 67 without using any cheap tricks. Just using change of pace. Its just stupid and retarded people are mostly playing online who will do anything do win an online game. I'll just wait for the clubs to go live and then I am just gonna add people who play fair and just play with them

Just because you suck at hitting bowls that aren't directed right at you doesn't mean its a cheap strategy... Try using it against me and ill destroy you.

Just because you suck at hitting bowls that aren't directed right at you doesn't mean its a cheap strategy... Try using it against me and ill destroy you.

Yeah right. Why should I go so low to use something which I think is unfair and cheap towards me. You are in my ignore list now. Your attitude sucks. Find someone else to play with

I just want to get into decent shape in single player and then I'll be on - to be honest right now I wouldn't give anybody a decent game!

Yeah right. Why should I go so low to use something which I think is unfair and cheap towards me. You are in my ignore list now. Your attitude sucks. Find someone else to play with

It isn't unfair and cheap and i am trying to show that to you.
Just because you don't know the shot to play to it doesn't make it unfair and cheap, when i first joined i didn't know that midwicket slog shot that you used against me maybe 5 times, did i think it was unfair and cheap that people would block the areas for straight on and cover drive and bowl yorkers? Nope i kept playing and saw that you knew a shot that can hit those delivery's elsewhere.

Its your attitude that sucks, "Oh i cant play these delivery's that are wide enough for me not to know a shot to play to it, but are not called wide and I am just going to call everyone who bowls there cheap and unfair"

Give me a break.

Anyone who bowls the exact same line and length for all deliveries in a match is not playing in the spirit of cricket.

Thats just my two cents and has nothing to do with this situation here.

Anyone who bowls the exact same line and length for all deliveries in a match is not playing in the spirit of cricket.

Thats just my two cents and has nothing to do with this situation here.

But no one is doing that, if you do that in this game they will be predictable and can easily be hit for 6 even with lofted shots.

But no one is doing that, if you do that in this game they will be predictable and can easily be hit for 6 even with lofted shots.

Its easy to fool the system which judges the predictability just by changing the length a little. You are not making any fans here by standing behind your wide length strategy. That's what AC09 people who do that think. But people who are good and have skills never do that. Play a game with us on AC09 if you have it on PS3 and use that strategy and see how you get smacked

I played BFL today and he beat me by just bowling tight line and good field not using wide length. Just once he did it by accident and he apologized straight away. That's what the people who want to play fair for both sides do.

Anyways, end of debate from my side. Can't get this thing going on and on.

Fazzy out

Last edited:
Its easy to fool the system which judges the predictability just by changing the length a little. You are not making any fans here by standing behind your wide length strategy. That's what AC09 people who do that think. But people who are good and have skills never do that. Play a game with us on AC09 if you have it on PS3 and use that strategy and see how you get smacked

I played BFL today and he beat me by just bowling tight line and good field not using wide length. Just once he did it by accident and he apologized straight away. That's what the people who want to play fair for both sides do.

Anyways, end of debate from my side. Can't get this thing going on and on.

Fazzy out

I think your completely missing my point so ill state them clearly.

-The delivery's are not wide, In the real world if they are pitched that line they are not wide
-They are easy to hit, not my fault you cant hit them
-If you don't know how to hit them then learn, don't complain. People bowl wide to me all the time and it never works out well for them.
-And i am bowling to a plan, i put fielders on the offside and bowl on the offside with the bowl swinging away, you should try to pick a gap to hit runs on the offside rather then constantly trying to loft me with the lofted on drive.
-Many delivery's i bowl are wide if you leave them however you chase them trying to hit them on onside. which deems them as not wide.

I think the biggest issue here is how upset you were when you could have won with 14 needed off the last over but you left alone 2 or 3 balls that you thought would spin away and be wide, however it was a 0 skill spinner bowling and the ball just carried on with its line and was not a wide.

guys don't turn this thread into another Ashes 09 "everyone I play against is a loser" sad episode. It's depressingly boring! PM each other otherwise. On another note I like off-line mode as well but and am still in the situation of learning the batting but I have enjoyed on-line mode as well and will put up a good fight bowling wise!

The wide tactic is devastatingly lame and boring, I beat fazzy with it once in what would have been a great game, he was chasing 136 and would have got there. To be honest I didn't even come up with the tactic intentionally, I was just bowling with varied line and length and he was crushing boundaries no matter where my field was, finally I bowled a couple of balls way outside off and realized there was no shot that could get them away. There are no boundaries to be hit if you do this, the only effective shots that could pierce such a field or go for 6 require the ball to be pitched far short of a length.

Another unrealistic but effective tactic is bowling long hops with spinners while packing the straight boundary with fielders. The lofted cut or pull that one would like to use against this for an easy boundary doesn't work, because the ball doesn't bounce high enough, even though you can hit a regular pull shot. And in this game you usually have to hit the ball in the air or a sweep to get a boundary, since fielders that are 5m from the batsman are more effective than fielders on the ring at cutting off the shots, making miraculous diving stops of balls hit like lasers and then firing in the direct hit every single time.

And then there is another pretty lame tactic that I use of packing the on side and bowling almost wide/wide down leg. This one can be hard to use though, it's easy to bowl wides.

Users who are viewing this thread