Welcoming the new Community Manager for Mindstorm Studios

Hey Rafey thanx for taking time 4 answring our qustion,

Now this CR is much like online multiplayer soccer game " POWER SOCCER", but in that we dont have to buy the game you got this club membership format. now for instance i bought the game and say my system crashes or the game doesnt work on my PC than wat. Is their any solution for that.

Also on ur website i see some latest scores, if the game is not out than wat r da scores abt.

Also do we have coaches or managers or press conferences in the game

Those scores are from the beta tests, i believe only a select few are playing it to look for bugs and stuff id imagine.

Hey Rafey thanx for taking time 4 answring our qustion,

Now this CR is much like online multiplayer soccer game " POWER SOCCER", but in that we dont have to buy the game you got this club membership format. now for instance i bought the game and say my system crashes or the game doesnt work on my PC than wat. Is their any solution for that.

Also on ur website i see some latest scores, if the game is not out than wat r da scores abt.

Also do we have coaches or managers or press conferences in the game
Power Soccer is completely different. It's a game which is played in your internet browser, whereas CR is a standard game that you have to install on your pc. The online games in CR are played through the in-game portal called Revolution Online.

We have mentioned the minimum and recommended system requirements on our site, so that should give you an idea if it'll run on you pc or not.

Those latest scores, like St0ney mentioned, are from some of the beta matches.

There are no Coaches/Managers/Press conferences in CR since it's focus is not on managing cricket as such, rather the focus is on playing it.

Dear rafey looking at your newest game play videos I see batsman trying to hit six?s every ball and field settings in side 15 overs is not very realistic as well.. on what bases will you say CR will be realistic cricket as we know it..

diaskasun added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Can you please explain to us , how will the AI in CR will deal with chasing down a score in a odi, test or 20*20 match

Power Soccer is completely different. It's a game which is played in your internet browser, whereas CR is a standard game that you have to install on your pc. The online games in CR are played through the in-game portal called Revolution Online.

We have mentioned the minimum and recommended system requirements on our site, so that should give you an idea if it'll run on you pc or not.

Those latest scores, like St0ney mentioned, are from some of the beta matches.

There are no Coaches/Managers/Press conferences in CR since it's focus is not on managing cricket as such, rather the focus is on playing it.

I've just been spending some time on the website learning about this game. This is exactly the type of approach and effort that has been lacking from cricket games in the past.

I appreciate the attention to detail that has been included in the approach. The thing I like the most are the publicly displayed Change Logs - this shows that you make yourself accountable. It contrasts drastically with Ashes Cicket developers, who allowed blatant flaws through beta testing and haven't given us the slightest hint that they're going to do anything about it.

I'm excited about the new cricket trailer, where once again you openly display a significant portion of the content. Same for the player guide.

I am so glad that I held off spending 80 dollars the Ashes Cricket flop. That money will now be rightfully redirected to Cricket Revolution.

Quick question: can we play Test match cricket, or will it be considered for a future version of the game?

It is 1 day games only 10 20 and 50 over games.

Rafey, thanks for answering my queries about the controller and AR. However, I'm little disappointed that game wouldn't support any controller. I really hope you guys find some time to plug that in. :)

My next questions :) :

1. By looking at the screenies, it seems there is a lot of Anti-aliasing, but it seemed forced to me through Hardware, can you confirm if the game will have in-built anti-aliasing feature?

2. Are you having any feature for weather condition that the matches will be curtailed due to the rains/light and the revised targets would be set?

3. Will you have anything like Hawk-eye in the game?

4. What and all different camera angles would be available? Will the player able to switch the camera freely in replays/normal play?

5. Will it be possible to tweak the gamespeed at all? Ashes09 matches are quite irritating with games taking almost life-like time :-/

6. How much precise the collision is, in the game? Is it standard box-like collision or we have some good physics in the engine like havoc?

Thats enough I guess for now :)

Rafey, thanks for answering my queries about the controller and AR. However, I'm little disappointed that game wouldn't support any controller. I really hope you guys find some time to plug that in. :)

My next questions :) :

1. By looking at the screenies, it seems there is a lot of Anti-aliasing, but it seemed forced to me through Hardware, can you confirm if the game will have in-built anti-aliasing feature?

2. Are you having any feature for weather condition that the matches will be curtailed due to the rains/light and the revised targets would be set?

3. Will you have anything like Hawk-eye in the game?

4. What and all different camera angles would be available? Will the player able to switch the camera freely in replays/normal play?

5. Will it be possible to tweak the gamespeed at all? Ashes09 matches are quite irritating with games taking almost life-like time :-/

6. How much precise the collision is, in the game? Is it standard box-like collision or we have some good physics in the engine like havoc?

Thats enough I guess for now :)
1) There is going to be no in-game option to set anti-aliasing. You will have to configure it using your video card settings.

2) While weather does have an effect on gameplay, there are going to be no rain delays with revised targets being set or anything as such.

We coded in the duckworth lewis method initially, but decided to take it out due to negative feedback from a majority of the testers. Multiplayer games, would feel incomplete if we were to factor in duckworth lewis.

3) We have a feature very similar to Hawk-eye for LBWs. It's just not termed as 'Hawk-eye'.

4) At the moment we just have a tower-chase cam mode. We're working on implementing other modes but they won't be included in the first release. Also, cameras are not player controllable.

5) While you cannot change game speed, you can skip through all the cut scenes (third-umpire decisions; umpire signaling for a four, six or an out; replay of the ball's trajectory for an LBW appeal etc.). In multi-player games, however, you will have to bear with those scenes if you opponent does not wish to skip through them. Fortunately though, that just means the timer on his match clock will keep on ticking.

6) This is one area we've worked on a lot. There are different levels of collisions i would say. Bat to ball collisions use a proprietary optimization and collision detection sync system. The system ensures centimeter precise bat to ball collisions for any shot and any ball. So for example, when the batsman hits an edge, you can see the ball coming exactly off the edge of the bat.

Ball to batsman and ball to fielder use a standard hit-box, whereas stadium collisions have been done with bounding boxes.

yes mate it is, i have to say in ashes 09 they hav tried to make it intresting but they have failed becosue of all the bugs around

Yep and even though CR will have a big multiplayer component, it would be sweet to have a solid AI so that I can play a 50-over World Cup type of tournament. If AI pacing is good, I could get totally immersed in that... *sigh*

i am not all that happy about AI field settings in the vedios.. looks very unrealistic to me

Users who are viewing this thread