Story West Indies International Season: The Road to Glory? ***Squads Announced!!!***

How will the West Indies do vs South Africa?

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
Untitled-1-1.jpg

top_banner.jpg

Earlier today the West Indian Cricketing Board announced the West Indies schedule for the the upcoming season. In recent years West Indian cricket has been in a slump with lot's of poor results and very little youth coming through. The West Indies problems got worse when the legend, Brian Lara, retired leaving West Indies cricket in it's most dire position to date. However, things are beginning to look up for West Indies cricket. Ramnaresh Sarwan has begun to settle into the role of captain, and the ever reliable Shivnarine Chanderpaul still has a few more years left in him. And finally some newer faces have begun to appear and will be looking to make an impact. Sulieman Benn, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Brenton Parchment and Xavier Marshall will all be looking to impress, so as to secure places in a rapidly changing XI. The pace attack has also begun to look a bit stronger as it gains experience.

Are the Glory Days returning?

West Indies Fixtures for the Upcoming Season

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Friendly: vs Border XI @ The Wanderers Stadium

The De Beers 20/20 Series

20/20: vs South Africa @ Wanderers Stadium

The Castle Lager ODI Series

1st ODI: vs South Africa @ Sahara Oval St George's

2nd ODI: vs South Africa @ Sahara Stadium Kingsmead

3rd ODI: vs South Africa @ The Newlands Cricket Ground

4th ODI: vs South Africa @ The De Beers Diamond Oval

5th ODI: vs South Africa @ The Wanderers Stadium

The Castle Lager Test Series

1st Test: vs South Africa @ Boland Park

2nd Test: vs South Africa @ The Danie Craven Stadium

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Fixtures: tba

Untitled-1-4.jpg

Friendly: vs Somerset @ Taunton

Friendly: vs Kent @ Canterbury

The Natwest 20/20 Series

1st 20/20: vs England @ Southampton

2nd 20/20: vs England @ Edgbaston

The Npower Test Series

1st Test: vs England @ Lords

2nd Test: vs England @ Old Trafford

3rd Test: vs England @ Edgbaston

4th Test: vs England @ The Oval

The Natwest ODI Series

1st ODI: vs England @ Chester-Le-Street

2nd ODI: vs England @ Old Trafford

3rd ODI: vs England @ The Oval

4th ODI: vs England @ Edgbaston

5th ODI: vs England @ Lords

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Friendly: Australia vs West Indies "A"

The Digicel ODI Series

1st ODI: vs Australia @ The Kensington Oval

2nd ODI: vs Australia @ Sabina Park

3rd ODI: vs Australia @ The Sir Vivian Richards Stadium

4th ODI: vs Australia @ The Queen's Park Oval

5th ODI: vs Australia @ Providence Stadium

6th ODI: vs Australia @ Greenfield Stadium

7th ODI: vs Australia @ The Brian Lara Stadium

The Digicel Test Series

1st Test: vs Australia @ The Queen's Park Oval

2nd Test: vs Australia @ Sabina Park

3rd Test: vs Australia @ The Kensington Oval

Dyson warns South Africa

In a press conference earlier today John Dyson, the West Indies coach, issued a warning to South Africa regarding the upcoming tour:
_39297352_dyson270.jpg

John Dyson said:
Over the past few years the West Indian cricket team has been considered weak. I intend to change that view on the upcoming tour of South Africa. We have a lot of strong, young players coming through and mixed with some of our experienced players I think this makes for a deadly combination. South Africa must be ready to face a rejuvenated West Indies side. You have been warned, South Africa!!!!

Strong words there from Dyson. Let's hope his team can live up to his high expectations. The squad to tour South Africa is due to be announced any day now. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Fantastic start - I look forward to seeing the development of West Indian cricket - lets hope nobody gets shot this time hey.... :p

Nice start mate KUTGW but are you still going to continue your other one and i hope that nothing stupid happens eg. you get shot or you meet God but nice start

Good start. But shouldn't it be the nPower test series instead of Sky Sports?

A tight schedule awaits the West Indians starting of with the mighty South Africans. They will be pushed to the limit as South Africa are a fantastic side in all 3 formats of the game.

Best of luck with this Tom. Looking forward to another cracking story from you mate!

I like the schedule, great start... Looking forward to the story :)

Go West Indies!!!

great start mate. great presentation as always. kutgw

I have 2 word for this story "Mind blowing" . I am also doing a West Indies, and I must say comparing this to mine, there is no Match. you have made a very good start to this. I hope you continue it, because we don't have much West Indies Stories on here.

Wow, I am very excited by this Tom, looking with interest, to the development of the whole thing. Nice to see such a schedule, will push our boys to the limit.

Squad to Tour South Africa Announced

John Dyson in a press conference at Sabina Park has just announced the 20 Man Squad who will be touring South Africa

West Indies 20 Man Squad

R. Sarwan (C)
C. Gayle (VC)
D. Ramdin (wk)
P. Browne (wk)
S. Benn
D. Bravo
S. Chattergoon
S. Chanderpaul
X. Marshall
K. Pollard
R. Morton
B. Parchment
D. Sammy
D. Smith
W. Perkins
M. Samuels
J. Taylor
D. Powell
F. Edwards
D. Smith​

Well that squad announced by the West Indies does look to have a lot of potential. It is good to see some new faces being included in the squad and hopefully they will have a big impact on this tour. Ramnaresh Sarwan will be leading them and over the last few months he has really grown into the role.

South Africa also announced their 20 Man Squad for this tour. Unfortunately for the Windies it looked extremely strong, showing they have heeded John Dyson's words and are going to be going 110% for this.

South Africa 20 Man Squad

G. Smith (C)
M. Boucher (VC, wk)
N. Boje
J. Botha
M. Morkel
P. Harris
J. Kallis
J. Kemp
J. Morkel
D. Steyn
A. Nel
M. Ntini
J.P. Duminy
H. Amla
N. McKenzie
A. Prince
AB de Villiers
H. Gibbs
J. Ontong
P. Street
T. Tsolekile (wk)

So the West Indies will have their work cut out. This looks like it is going to be an exciting tour. Stay tuned :cool:

Nice young squad for the West Indies. It will be an interesting tour and a challenging one aswell.

Great presentation Tom!

Great update. But sad to see no Philander for SA. He was great at Middlesex.

Users who are viewing this thread