Conditions:
South Africa

Overs Available:

West Indies 120 per innings
South Africa 75 per innings

Wickets Available:

West Indies may lose 10 wickets in each innings
South Africa may lose 5 wickets in each innings

If either side is bowled out or declares in the first innings for under their allotted overs allocation they will have the overs they missed added to their second innings allocation. i.e if you face only 60 overs of 75 allocated then the 15 you missed will be added to your second innings allocation.

If South Africa declare for less wickets than their allocation then the wickets they failed to lose will be added to the second innings allocation. i.e they declare or finish their overs for loss of 3 then they can afford to lose 7 wickets in their second innings instead of 5.

Points Available:

West Indies 10 points for a win, 5 points for a draw
South Africa 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw

sportbet match odds:

South Africa 1-7
West Indies 35-1
draw: 3-1

sportbet has already quoted South Africa as front runners to win the championship and fully expects them to strengthen their position as favourites. West Indies have been on the wrong end of criticism of late but their young team is talented enough to bat for hours on end and sportbet recognises their ability to hold their own, believing a draw is certainly in the offing. It depends which West Indies team turns up - the one which capitulates or the one which battles through. However, South Africa are expected to mount huge totals in short spells and have the lowest odds of the week to back their claims of superiority.

R

Rangeela

Conditions

Pitch: Damp
Weather: grey/mild

Here is my South Africa ctm file

Thx

S

sonic

Brian Lara.."we wil bat second looking around it could get muddy, and we didnt like englands condiitons so this could be agony for us once more, lets see what they put up"

S

sonic

Lara "We have gone for a line-up of batting depth and also good variation of bowling".

West Indies

Chris Gayle (6th bowler)
Wavell Hinds (5th bowler)
Brian Lara (cptn)
Daren Ganga
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Marlon Samuels (3rd bowler)
Ridley Jacobs (wkt)
Vasbert Drakes (2nd bowler)
Pedro Collins (1st bowler)
Jermaine Lawson (4th bowler)

R

Rangeela

sonic,
Do I pick any venue or is it has to be in South Africa since its a home team?
thx

Users who are viewing this thread