India v Australia OCB July series

Yup, Tendulkar is selected in line-ups 2 and 3 to bowl...I am now suggesting the match continues and that sachida bats his innings...please can you correct line-up 1 before continuing sachida as the bowlers are different and tendulkar needs adding to the bowling list as hes in the list for line-ups 2 and 3. Also I told everyone that they should be putting the same line-up in ALL FIVE fields, and I still see people making errors, in future there will be no let offs and matches will be awarded to the other team where ctms are even slightest wrong, there are no excuses

i also have another problem with saxhida's team, when i openend it up and had a look in the game it had Nehra and Kahn as fast bowlers not medium fast as they should be.
just wondering is this allowed?

Yeah, it really annoys me how people do that. They know that fast bowlers are harder to play then med-fast so they have players set as fast bowlers even if this isn't true. I have one fast bowler in my team (Shand Bond), and that's because he is a real fast bowler, but the zimbabwe .ctm has Streak, Hondo, and another as fast bowlers despite the fact they only med-fast. I'm not just picking on that team, many others do it to try and gain some sort of an edge over the opposition. Is this fair? I think the team should be true to life, so that is how i have made mine.

thats true vetts, my England team has 3 fast bowlers. But thats because Harmison, Gough and Anderson are all rated as fast by the ICC. Hondo is rated fast-medium (as opposed to medium-fast) for Zimbabwe so he can probably get away with being fast. I think perhaps we should make a rule that if the ICC rates a player medium-fast then he should be exactly that. To be honest though, I find fast bowlers easier than medium-fast because even deliveries which are not quite short of a length, you can smack for a hooked six easily, whereas medium pacers you can only drive those sort of shots and a fast bowlers delivery is more likely to race to the fence. I think there are strengths and weaknesses of every bowler in the game, but it seems to me that spinners have the biggest weakness as almost every delivery can be a six shot.

Hi there,
Seems lot of things are going down here. I am not sure how that ctm file could have altered because I and Rangeela played the games without any difficulties and got the same lineups. I sent you the same file. I dont know what went inbetween to change it. As I understnad we all have to fix the lineups regardless of ctm files as we had found out earlier that .ctm doesnt gaurantee anything at all. And I just wanted to be sure that you did that. and sonic also seperately emphasised that in his posts.

I am also reading talks about scrapping the whole thing. I dont mind. I surely dont want Australia to loose any points over confusion. We can still play the game.

The game is for sack of fun. Your comments regarding the bowler, I had changed it because the status has really changed. All through out the world cup Zaheer and Nehta bowled as a fast bowler averaging between 140 to 150 kph. I dont know anything about the icc status for them. I changed them to reflect it for my games and my likings not get any advantage. I personally never bothr to check other peoples ctm files as my focus is fun not who is superior.

But it seems everybody is aiming at spots. And it will be good for me to move away from the league.
Radga if you still want to play the series for fun, you are welcome, we can do it..

Yes, the Test Championship is scrapped, mainly cos its too long and is too complicated. The new tournament is a shorter form of the game and creates less problems for everyone. It would be nice if you could play in the new tournament sachida, should be good fun!

I guess, I will see once you get the format ready. Or else just wait till we get internet play included in cricket 200X.

Originally posted by sachida@Jul 6 2003, 10:16 PM
I guess, I will see once you get the format ready. Or else just wait till we get internet play included in cricket 200X.
we have an upcoming tournament starting very soon, check the link:

Lightning Test Challenge

Users who are viewing this thread