What do you mean by stat tracking?

Gurjot95

National Board President
If I told you, it WOULDN'T BE A SURPRISE now would it All I ever wanted for Xmas was a Mr Frosty, and never got one, and I turned out fine... All I'll say is don't get your hopes up: I maintain that it will probably be February before we unleash visuals. A) Games tend to get that extra layer of visual polish once everything else is finished and B) Licensing means that certain elements need to stay secret (IE: They don't want to show the squads for a tournament until the real-life squads are announced... Or there's a new kit/bat/sponsor that hasn't yet been publicly shown...) Those are just examples, but I just want you to understand how complex it is, mainly so you don't think we don't WANT to show you stuff!

Dev Diaries will be much, MUCH sooner. I've just seen a new cut of one that will be with you soon. I'm just having the jet-lag-bags under my eyes photo-shopped out and we're DONE.
Fair enough but I never asked for visuals. :p

I was hoping if we can get extra bit of info about game to know it more around new year but I can understand your problems too. (GTA V will keep me hooked till at least new year). If anything GTA V has teach me is patience and trusting the developers. I would prefer finished and polished in-game screenshots than a rushed ones. Also, since there won't be official screenshots till all the licence stuffs gets sorted out, I genuinely hope that you spend that time in giving finishing touch, making polished and fluid game if you somehow managed to complete the game by that time. Good Luck!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'd suggest that the general expectation on a public forum is that anyone could read it, so that if there's anything that you don't want the other company to read I'd not post it. But honestly at this point I can't imagine either of you could totally reengineer the game to copy a major feature or control scheme even if you wanted to.

Based on what I've read, both developers have differing views on some of the fundamental structural things, so we will get massively different games regardless of whether some minor things brought up in the forums might be implemented - if something fits both your outlook on cricket gaming it was probably 'obvious'. The bulk of actioned feedback seems to be based on prioritisation of features rather than massive structural changes.

I don't think it's any different in the end to playing the end results from other developers - I remember seeing copies of EA Cricket 07, BLC 99 and RPIC 07 in the office at Transmission - yet the finished result of AC09 was still a substantially different 'take' on Cricket, I'd expect the same regardless of what you might read in the Big Ant forum or what they read vice versa.

As a side point, I'd also read the feedback the management games get, especially for comments on match balance and AI tactics.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I read those too Matt. I am shameless.

I've always loved Cricket Captain: no finer way to relax when I don't fancy having to engage anything more than my brain and mouse finger in my humble opinion. Great attention to detail and a totally different experience to the action games.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
I read those too Matt. I am shameless.

I've always loved Cricket Captain: no finer way to relax when I don't fancy having to engage anything more than my brain and mouse finger in my humble opinion. Great attention to detail and a totally different experience to the action games.

That's not shameless but common sense. If I'm trying to come up with a new footie game I would research what FIFA and Pro Evo did and are up to as I would be competing with them for market share. Same here and if I were to develop a new cricket game I would look into earlier titles and see what worked and what didn't and also what my competitors are planning to do so as to come up with a product which is unique and liked by the majority. I am sure this is exactly what Big Ant would be doing, or should be doing.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
That's not shameless but common sense. If I'm trying to come up with a new footie game I would research what FIFA and Pro Evo did and are up to as I would be competing with them for market share. Same here and if I were to develop a new cricket game I would look into earlier titles and see what worked and what didn't and also what my competitors are planning to do so as to come up with a product which is unique and liked by the majority. I am sure this is exactly what Big Ant would be doing, or should be doing.

Fair enough. Riddle me this though: Is it shameless that I am also going through their bins?

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Fair enough. Riddle me this though: Is it shameless that I am also going through their bins?

Quoting a great mind "If you are not cheating, you are not trying hard enough" ;) So in my book you are fine :)

Last edited:

savvart

Associate Cricketer
There is no shame in checking out the competition.

Its important to know that information, I believe...

hamza10

School Cricketer
Commentary must be like Fifa games

Fifa games series has awesome commentary with quick responses.

and I hope big ant studios will make efforts to make commentary like EA FIFA games.

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Fifa games series has awesome commentary with quick responses.

and I hope big ant studios will make efforts to make commentary like EA FIFA games.

mate, big ant studios are making the other cricket game, this is the Ashes Cricket 2013 forum, and its a stat tracking thread.

hamza10

School Cricketer
mate, big ant studios are making the other cricket game, this is the Ashes Cricket 2013 forum, and its a stat tracking thread.

I Know that its a Ashes cricket 2013 forum n sorry I forgot to see Stat tracking :) ..... I was just suggesting such thrilling commentary for T2O n ODI format.

In previous cricket games commentary is almost boring.

Mark Nicholas n david lyyod both are outstanding commentators ..... I hope these 2 will be in Ashes cricket 2013.

About Stat Tracking my views are same as the above guys have described.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just found I was out of topic and didn't noticed thread title so..

If stats tracking are to be included, I think it would mean that changing in stats should affect the player or team. Take for a example: If a player has a Rating of 72 and his average improves after some matches then the overall rating of that player should also be increased affecting the aggregate team rating in which that player is included. It might be sounding like a career mode type but working hard to improve a player stats without having the overall effect in his ability would make no sense to me. Better Stats = Better Player. I hope that's what your goal is.

It only should be within seasons/tournaments/career mode. Having it on for the game spoils it. In a season/career/tournament how players develop over time plays a crucial role, but in an exhibition match played for fun it doesn't. I've played NBA, and it is much much better if player form, stats, attitude only makes a difference in Season or Association or My Player, it'd be annoying to play an exhibition match if my players would be tired of playing previous games, or just gone through a bad form in a recently concluded season.

That being said, I feel if you're going to include online multiplayer and plan to foster an online community, it's better if you have the latest rosters based on real life online. I don't know if you've people available for that, but planetcricket has had some great roster editors, so you are likely to get help.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi chief

If you want a easy way to put stats in your game then
a Hall of fame so we can see everything we have done,
like top scores,runs,wickets,catches everything.:D

Users who are viewing this thread