What do you mean by stat tracking?

hamza10

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can do that exact same thing in Rugby Challenge right down to how a player behaves as an individual for things like offloads, tackles and so forth. You essentially can program how easy (or difficult) you make each player on the teams, so you can set a whole team to play a specific way to directly counter the way you play a game of rugby.

Would be perfect for a cricket game.

Big Ant must License all the countries .. n I hope they will

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I think created players' stats should be updated after every game is played i.e. if John Smith, a created player, plays an exhibition match and then a five-match series he has now played 6 matches and all his stats are up to date. Also there should be no limit to the amount of created players allowed.

savvart

Associate Cricketer
I think created players' stats should be updated after every game is played i.e. if John Smith, a created player, plays an exhibition match and then a five-match series he has now played 6 matches and all his stats are up to date. Also there should be no limit to the amount of created players allowed.

I agree, let us create lots more players.

Also, a team editor would be fantastic... :yes

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you have stats similar to EA Cricket 2007, I would be happy. BLIC and Ashes Cricket series has fallen short in the sense that you can view stats/graphics on demand and that you only make limited data avalable for the graphics. E.g., scoring chart for a batsman but only for the last "25 scoring shots" or the pitch map for a bowler which you can't view on demand and only crops up on the whims of the AI/comp.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It would be brilliant if the players' stats update as we play each and every game, but I'd also have an option to turn off stat tracking, if that is possible. In other words, stat tracking must be optional. I wouldn't want it sometimes, for example, when playing with my friends, or just playing casually, slogging around. But in general, I'd want it.

C07 did it, but the stats didn't include batting strike rates (which was massively disappointing) and 5, 10, 20 or 50 overs games couldn't be differentiated.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It would be brilliant if the players' stats update as we play each and every game, but I'd also have an option to turn off stat tracking, if that is possible. In other words, stat tracking must be optional. I wouldn't want it sometimes, for example, when playing with my friends, or just playing casually, slogging around. But in general, I'd want it.

C07 did it, but the stats didn't include batting strike rates (which was massively disappointing) and 5, 10, 20 or 50 overs games couldn't be differentiated.

It should be possible for stat-tracking to only count for official games, and not in exhibition or multiplayer games...
Thanks for the input!

hamza10

School Cricketer
It should be possible for stat-tracking to only count for official games, and not in exhibition or multiplayer games...
Thanks for the input!

Crowd must be different 4 each country .... like in Fifa 13 crowd is owsume n its different 4 every team.

hoping so in ASHES Cricket 2013 ......... ROSS :noway

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Crowd must be different 4 each country .... like in Fifa 13 crowd is owsume n its different 4 every team.

hoping so in ASHES Cricket 2013 ......... ROSS :noway

Gotta say I have mixed feelings about the crowd. On the one hand they add atmosphere and colour. On the other, it is a HUGE constant drain on system resources, and NO-ONE IS LOOKING AT THEM. :) But it's one of those expectations that you can't mess with.

Sidenote: I was playing the WWE13 game the other day, and there's one classic match that took place in a completely empty stadium... and I thought "we should be so lucky!". :-)

Big Ant must License all the countries .. n I hope they will

I doubt very much that the Big Ant guys would license all the countries for OUR game... But hey: I'm open to it: would be a lovely gesture and Xmas IS coming... :D

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Actually Chief, he is asking all that to Ross. :p

I know. I'm just playfully pointing that out. I don't know if Ross reads this thread, so may be better to put them in the Big Ant one!

It's an interesting notion of PC etiquette: I'll happily admit that of COURSE I read everything on the Big Ant thread as well, but it sometimes feels like it's a bit naughty to do that and I don't think it should?
Someone accused me of "Lurking" on the thread about their game which raised my eyebrow: if I really wanted to "LURK" I would sign out of my account and go anonymous surely?
I'm not ashamed of it: When it comes to ANY other Cricket game I'm looking partly as a fan, and not a maker... I'm very excited by their tabletop game as well: I was a HUGE fan of Test Match as a kid, and desperately hoping that it's awesome. ;)

I'm interested in reading what people have to say about all the Cricket games: do people think it's wrong for me to do that? Genuinely curious. I don't think I'd ever POST on another thread: that does feel like it may be a clash of interests... but do people think me reading about other games is like looking over the shoulder of the boy next to me?

----------

Any X-Mas surprise we should be excited for?

Also no signs of Dev Dairies?

If I told you, it WOULDN'T BE A SURPRISE now would it :) All I ever wanted for Xmas was a Mr Frosty, and never got one, and I turned out fine... All I'll say is don't get your hopes up: I maintain that it will probably be February before we unleash visuals. A) Games tend to get that extra layer of visual polish once everything else is finished and B) Licensing means that certain elements need to stay secret (IE: They don't want to show the squads for a tournament until the real-life squads are announced... Or there's a new kit/bat/sponsor that hasn't yet been publicly shown...) Those are just examples, but I just want you to understand how complex it is, mainly so you don't think we don't WANT to show you stuff!

Dev Diaries will be much, MUCH sooner. I've just seen a new cut of one that will be with you soon. I'm just having the jet-lag-bags under my eyes photo-shopped out and we're DONE. :D

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I know. I'm just playfully pointing that out. I don't know if Ross reads this thread, so may be better to put them in the Big Ant one!

It's an interesting notion of PC etiquette: I'll happily admit that of COURSE I read everything on the Big Ant thread as well, but it sometimes feels like it's a bit naughty to do that and I don't think it should?
Someone accused me of "Lurking" on the thread about their game which raised my eyebrow: if I really wanted to "LURK" I would sign out of my account and go anonymous surely?
I'm not ashamed of it: When it comes to ANY other Cricket game I'm looking partly as a fan, and not a maker... I'm very excited by their tabletop game as well: I was a HUGE fan of Test Match as a kid, and desperately hoping that it's awesome. ;)

I'm interested in reading what people have to say about all the Cricket games: do people think it's wrong for me to do that? Genuinely curious. I don't think I'd ever POST on another thread: that does feel like it may be a clash of interests... but do people think me reading about other games is like looking over the shoulder of the boy next to me?

----------

If I told you, it WOULDN'T BE A SURPRISE now would it :) All I ever wanted for Xmas was a Mr Frosty, and never got one, and I turned out fine... All I'll say is don't get your hopes up: I maintain that it will probably be February before we unleash visuals. A) Games tend to get that extra layer of visual polish once everything else is finished and B) Licensing means that certain elements need to stay secret (IE: They don't want to show the squads for a tournament until the real-life squads are announced... Or there's a new kit/bat/sponsor that hasn't yet been publicly shown...) Those are just examples, but I just want you to understand how complex it is, mainly so you don't think we don't WANT to show you stuff!

Dev Diaries will be much, MUCH sooner. I've just seen a new cut of one that will be with you soon. I'm just having the jet-lag-bags under my eyes photo-shopped out and we're DONE. :D

No one 'accused' you actually. It was playful as well. I myself was trying to be cheeky there. :p It's great two cricket games are coming to us and both the developers are listening to us. I don't know where you got the PC notion part from. It's actually fantastic you read the posts over there. There's nothing wrong in it. I appreciate the effort and time you're putting in here. And, yeah Xmas is coming...

Gurjot95

National Board President
Any X-Mas surprise we should be excited for?

Also no signs of Dev Dairies?

Just found I was out of topic and didn't noticed thread title so..

If stats tracking are to be included, I think it would mean that changing in stats should affect the player or team. Take for a example: If a player has a Rating of 72 and his average improves after some matches then the overall rating of that player should also be increased affecting the aggregate team rating in which that player is included. It might be sounding like a career mode type but working hard to improve a player stats without having the overall effect in his ability would make no sense to me. Better Stats = Better Player. I hope that's what your goal is.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
No one 'accused' you actually. It was playful as well. I myself was trying to be cheeky there. :p It's great two cricket games are coming to us and both the developers are listening to us. I don't know where you got the PC notion part from. It's actually fantastic you read the posts over there. There's nothing wrong in it. I appreciate the effort and time you're putting in here. And, yeah Xmas is coming...

Lol: I know! I was being playful about your playfulness. :) I call it "playful Jenga".

----------

I think it would be foolish not to read the Big Ant threads. Plus you can steal borrow the best ideas! ;)

Yeah. That's why I suggested the extra thread for generic ideas: saves people cutting and pasting in both and me reading them twice before I realise. ;)

----------

Just found I was out of topic and didn't noticed thread title so..

If stats tracking are to be included, I think it would mean that changing in stats should affect the player or team. Take for a example: If a player has a Rating of 72 and his average improves after some matches then the overall rating of that player should also be increased affecting the aggregate team rating in which that player is included. It might be sounding like a career mode type but working hard to improve a player stats without having the overall effect in his ability would make no sense to me. Better Stats = Better Player. I hope that's what your goal is.

How DARE you attempt to bring us back on topic. :)

Good work: What you're suggesting above sets my brain on fire working out what wider implications such a system would have. Will give it some thought. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread