What have you achieved today?

If it is korma or tikka I would try some but nothing else, basically there the only 2 Indian food’s I can stomach. I also like naan bread and you know I forget the other one now, like a bread with like a squashed meat inside, not sure what it’s called now, oh well some of that too, yes. :)

Its a base sauce that you use to then make curry. Both Korma and Tikka Masala on the menu but can do pretty much any curry you want with it...

For the life of me I cant make Naan. Ive tried every recipe, tried random stuff and really cant get it down. Mildly ironically the closest I've come was when I made a Turkish Gozleme dough. Im sitting there eating the gozleme and thinking 'this could almost be naan' :/

Luckily Contrarian & Asprin, I found an Indian take away menu in my sideboard, keema naan was what I was meaning. Something which I’ve never understood is poppadoms, they are similar to taco shells, where you fill them with topping go to take 1 bite then it just falls out everywhere, so don’t know who’s bright idea those were, lol.

poppadoms, they are similar to taco shells, where you fill them with topping go to take 1 bite then it just falls out everywhere, so don’t know who’s bright idea those were, lol.
Who takes toppings with them?[DOUBLEPOST=1488905350][/DOUBLEPOST]Reduced my backlogs to 4.

Who takes toppings with them?[DOUBLEPOST=1488905350][/DOUBLEPOST]Reduced my backlogs to 4.
Wait pops or taco’s? I thought you dipped the poppadoms in the sauce? Just a giant crisp thing, you just eat them plain I guess, possibly. If that’s the case I would highly recommend Pringles as a substitute, mmm, sour cream mmm. :yes

Wait pops or taco’s? I thought you dipped the poppadoms in the sauce? Just a giant crisp thing, you just eat them plain I guess, possibly. If that’s the case I would highly recommend Pringles as a substitute, mmm, sour cream mmm. :yes
Pappadam are mostly eaten with rice for what can I say a complimenting flavor and the crispiness. There are different types of Pappadam.

Now you all have me wondering if I've been committing cultural faux pas every time I go to an Indian restaurant. Here a bowl of papadums comes out to the table pretty much before anything is served. Here they are eaten as a pre entree. To be honest I always thought that the slight salty or ginger flavour were designed to help act as palate cleansers.

Now you all have me wondering if I've been committing cultural faux pas every time I go to an Indian restaurant. Here a bowl of papadums comes out to the table pretty much before anything is served. Here they are eaten as a pre entree. To be honest I always thought that the slight salty or ginger flavour were designed to help act as palate cleansers.
Who knows maybe that's what it was designed for but nowadays mostly every body eats it with rice. I sometimes put them in my rice and let them go soft or I just eat them with nothing ater the dinner is finished.

Papad can be used as -

1. A stand-alone snack
2. Something you eat before a meal
3. Something you eat after a meal
4. Something you mix with a meal

Hell, you can even put onions and tomatoes on it and have it as a snack It's called masala papad here.

:p

Papad can be used as -

1. A stand-alone snack
2. Something you eat before a meal
3. Something you eat after a meal
4. Something you mix with a meal

Hell, you can even put onions and tomatoes on it and have it as a snack It's called masala papad here.

:p
You can go to hotel and the massala ones will cost you like ₹30.

Users who are viewing this thread