What is the Full games batting like...???

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

After playing the demo over and over I realise that the batting and the limited shot selection is so stupid and unrealistic.

I would like ANYONE to show me how a forward 'cover drive' can go over the slips for six...???

How can you do a really simple flick on the leg side and it goes for six to fine leg...???

NOT POSSIBLE...

Please tell me if the full game has been fixed...???
I live in Australia so I still have about 4 weeks to wait for our version the Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005...

Thanks for any info on this stupid error...

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
I have played the demo and can play cover drive through covers, extra cover and also in cover point region using the normal shot and I believe, you can also play the lofted shot.

woodzy

Club Cricketer
Hey does anyone know the official release date for the Ricky Ponting version?

woodzy

Club Cricketer
Ok thats cool. I hope they fix all the bugs that are in the BLIC version. That'd be the sensible things to do if they want people to gain peoples faith and support for future cricket games!

StephenFleming

School Cricketer
woodzy said:
Ok thats cool. I hope they fix all the bugs that are in the BLIC version. That'd be the sensible things to do if they want people to gain peoples faith and support for future cricket games!

So what your saying is people in the UK that already have the game have to buy the game twice?
Yeah Right, that aint happening. They wont be allowed to change anything in RPIC or they would be getting some complaints from people already with the game in the UK (BLIC), and then you have the legal issues.

savvart

Associate Cricketer
I still must say that the batting is rubbish. Those shots don't look real, are never played that way and some are down right impossible to produce in real life unless its an adge or something similar...

At least EA has produced shots that look real and not like some dimwit who has never ever played the game has produced...

Some bugs I can live with but when the batsman plays shots that have never been seen on a cricket field before, well thats just stupid...

Lets hope that the patch makers can adjust the shots to be more realistic...
Thanx

crockett

School Cricketer
batting looks and feels good on ps2 ... infinitely better than pc demo on keyboard

StephenFleming

School Cricketer
savvart said:
I still must say that the batting is rubbish. Those shots don't look real, are never played that way and some are down right impossible to produce in real life unless its an adge or something similar...

At least EA has produced shots that look real and not like some dimwit who has never ever played the game has produced...

Some bugs I can live with but when the batsman plays shots that have never been seen on a cricket field before, well thats just stupid...

Lets hope that the patch makers can adjust the shots to be more realistic...
Thanx

I just dont get the flick off the legs for six when its anywhere near full even if its outside off it gets flicked for six. The pull shot for six seems to go for six no matter where it hits on the bat, a few times it hit right where the makers name as and flew for six.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
on the ps2 is it the same case as in the PC where a cover drive for example always goes in the exact same area everytime u hit one? maybe with the analog stick u could control it more

Users who are viewing this thread