Your Cricket What position do you play?

adlindz15

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am a wicket keeper/batsman for my local team. What do you all do?

I play for under 15's, under 16's, under 17's and 3rds. I'm trying to work my way into the 2nds and higher, got to keep at it. I bat around 5-7, depending on situation, and averaging about 12, which is not brilliant, but in 4 games its ok for me ;)

The main part of my game is definately my wicket keeping, which I have been described as the best wicket keeper in my league by other teams, which certainly gives you confidence. :cool:

Last edited:
I am a change up bowler who bowls Pace/Offspin, bats handily anywhere required, and a brilliant fielder who likes to keep wicket. This is when I play with the tape ball, although the same applies with the hard ball, just remove the Offspin, wicketkeeping and swap the brilliant with decent...

I am captain of my clubs 2nds but play 1sts when the pitches get dry/hard/dusty. This is because I am a spinner (off-spin), I also bat around 7 or 8 and am more than useful.

I play right arm fast medium for my club, I normally come on first change. I make the batsman put pace on the ball himself, so it's hard to hit boundaries off me. I bat at 8 where I improve every game, normally make a 20 not out or a 40 and out. For school, in 2006 I was vice captain but going for captain in 2007.

I used to open for my old club, but then I changed my club. Since then, I normally play in the middle order, about 5. Sometimes I go higher up when if a wicket falls in the first over or so, as I can stay in and play orthodox strokes. Sometimes I'm pushed down to let a slogger go in the last 5 overs.

I also bowl spin. I bowl both off spin and legspin. Most people will say stick to one type, and practice that but I can bowl both types quite well. What I bowl on the day depends upon the batsman and my mood :p.

I haven't played that much cricket. :) The few times I played at college in the states I probably came on 2nd or 3rd change and bowled right arm medium, managing some swing. While batting, I opened the innings once and otherwise came down the order. This is, of course, not any form of formal cricket, but it was with a hard ball. ;)

Also, I suck at catching, but am a decent infielder.

Bowl Legspin, usually 4/5th bowler. Bat between 8-11, but my batting has come on amazingly lately.

I'm bat from 1 or 3 in the u15's, and in the mens 3rd or 6th (strange i know).

I field at point

And i have even been known to bowl and over or two of medium/fast

3rd XI Opening batsman and first choice spin bowler, and yes I am a dredded SLA.

Captained the U/15B side last season after I had to remove myself from the A side due to more important personal commitments.

I either open or come in at number 3 for my Under-15 team (Which I am now too old to play for). It really depends on what their openers are like - if they are very fast I go in but if they are medium pacers I go to 3.

I cannot bowl to save my life but I field in catching positions - cover region and the slips. I am(well was) the premium catcher in the team so got effectively first dibs on fielding position.

For my school, I bat at 3 most of the time, open every now and then. I bowl leg spin as 4th bowler. Field in the slips, at cover or at point. If a close in fielder (e.g. Silly point, short leg) if needed, I usually end up there because Im a pretty good fielder.

I am primarily a leggie or a medium - fast bowler who comes in, swings the bat and boosts our total at the end of the innings.

Back in the day, when I used to play cricket regularly, I was a tail ender ( I was #11 but they would put me lower if they could).

Playing hardball cricket, I would bowl second or third change as a medium fast bowler. With tape ball though, I opened the bowling and was awesome at it. Mostly picked up a wicket in my first or second over. Sigh....

7 or 9, 7 when the team is playing very badly.

Users who are viewing this thread