What will it take for Network play!?

Lanokota

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Do we have to march infront of EA's offices? or perhaps send them bribes!? My word...what is wrong with them...

We need LAN support for Cricket 2004. We need coop play against the AI teams. We need tournaments, test matches, day/night games. All must be mulitplayer.

We need LAN support to play against each other too. The AI is so bloody bugged that the only competition we can have is against each other (Though I do prefer coop since I don't have to kick my friends in their face for beating me, mwahaha :) )

But what do you think? Do you really believe using the keyboard and a gamepad is worth it for 2 players? I think it's ridiculous, I really do. Not all of us can just go out and by one of those, it's expensive!!!

brad352

Executive member
Yeah, but then again, we need about 537 bug fixes as well :(. And for 2 player, I use 2 gamepads:)- seriously, they're not that expensive.

Lanokota

School Cricketer
Gamepads are expensive here in South Africa. It's about the price of the game if I am not mistaken. Now that is for a decent controller too.

I am not going to by a gamepad that falls to pieces when I touch it...

Games here are also too expensive. That is why I am not very happy with Cricket 2004 at the moment :(

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Yeah I agree. All spots games have Multiplayer LAN support and so should Cricket games have. For the next version, I think the bug lis as well as the LAN should be included.

Add that to the wish-list for cricket 2006 ????

michaelwest

School Cricketer
It seems that Cricket games are going backwards these days. I remember Cricket '97 ATE had a network and modem to modem type of play, but these days they can't even implement a simple way of doing LAN in EA Cricket games. :mad:

Lanokota

School Cricketer
Cricket 2006? I don't think I will buy it. Cricket 2004 has been such a massive let down that I think I'm done with EA.

If they come out with a massive patch that fixes all their bugs and maybe multiplayer support too, perhaps then I will buy their next cricket game. But if they don't I won't.

I sent EA Sports my savegame file to fix for me in an e-mail. They did'nt even send a reply to my request.

Useless! They don't care

The game is good, but it's like someone took a cricket bat and smacked it repeatedly before releasing it to the public

Bond27

School Cricketer
send EA Aus a email ?

Has anyone read the review in PC PowerPlay latest edition

it says we should just all email Ea Australia and they should release a patch for it...

and for some of the bugs... thoughts on this

by chance can anyone make a patch to allow networking ?

and i agree playin with 2 controllers isen't to bad on the one pc but networkin would be cool

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Hey bond! I dont think that adding network play is possible by just a patch! They'll need to redo the entire exe.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
also another way is to get the source... hehe just as someone leaked the MS 2000 souce codes.

Users who are viewing this thread