What would you like to see patched?

Ability to save test matches online should be there in patch.

P.S: WhiteHornMatt sound like White-Horny-mate:p:p

I agree this is actually something that would be a worthy addition, if it is indeed possible.

And yeah, Matt's are always horny. There's loads of us around here. :p

Very minor gripes, but I'd like to see them addressed...

More characters for first name editing. Should be at least equal to the amount allowed for surname/second name editing. Also, numerical attributes rather than graphical (or both, but have at least a numerical option) when editing skills.

Batting animations when coming down the pitch aren't as fluid as they could be. The batsmen stop dead after dancing down then play something that doesn't quite fit with the previous animation.

1.) Get a choice to simulate more then 1 over at a time. simulate 15 or 20 overs at a time like cricket 07 would be good
2.) Sort out AI running

Very minor gripes, but I'd like to see them addressed...

More characters for first name editing. Should be at least equal to the amount allowed for surname/second name editing. Also, numerical attributes rather than graphical (or both, but have at least a numerical option) when editing skills.

Batting animations when coming down the pitch aren't as fluid as they could be. The batsmen stop dead after dancing down then play something that doesn't quite fit with the previous animation.
No chance and no chance. Next

I've already posted this on the Codemasters forum in the bugs post (which, notably, has not been made a sticky unlike they did on the Empire:Total War official forum for example.) but I might as well stick it again here. I have added on about spinner lengths being too full and my issue with the 9/0 bowling wide of off stump tactic.

I play the PC version - I've not included everything, but I've mentioned a fair amount.

Bugs

Gameplay
  • First ball bug - While bowling against the AI, on the first ball of an over the bowler will run up and bowl but the game will no react for at least a couple of seconds, before the ball count moves on. I'm pretty sure that in these cases the over ends after only four more balls (five in total).
  • Wrong footwork bug - When playing some shots off of the front foot the batsmen will actually try and play a hook or pull off of the back foot.
  • Two batsmen, same end bug - If a batsmen dives to make his ground, he then remains at that end regardless of any further runs taken for over throws by his partner, often leading to two batsmen at the same end, with the decision to the resulting run out being not out.

• "Failed to connect to host" error - Some player experience this when trying join certain players games but not others players. However, the afflicted hosters have - I myself have hosted against four different people and join a game hosted by a fifth, yet have experienced this error both when people have tried to join me and when joining other peoples games.
  • Invites bug - After creating a game and going to the friends menu and selecting an online friend the only option given is to delete them from your friends list
  • Stats rounding - While most of the statistics are presented to two decimal points, most seem to be rounded to nearest whole number.

Oversights

These aren't game breakers (some may even be regarded as superfluous) but some are very frustrating.

Gameplay
  • Player Stats - Things like Monty Panesar being a better batsmen than Stuart Broad or even Jimmy "No ducks" Anderson, Cameron White being rated roughly as good a bowler as Harbajan Singh, Dwayne Bravo being missed from the West Indies squad, Steve Harmison being a Fast-Medium... etc
  • "Good" bowling length too full - Many other people have talked about this, but it's particularly a problem for spinners who are required to bowl virtually on the batsmen's toes and so can be easily swept or played by using the batsmens feet down the pitch.
  • AI pacing issues - Many other people have also talked about this...
  • Fielding behind square - Wicketkeeper will quite often take catches infront of second slip. There is also no way of bring the slips forward (many edges fall short) of moving or calling the keeper to the stumps for medium pacers. Keepers/slips also do not dive forward for catches which appear to be within their reach.
  • Lax out fielding - Many times fielders will let the ball run to the boundary when they are virtually touching the ball or could stop if with a dive.
  • Offside bowling/field exploit - There are no limits and the wide limit is quite generous. I've played against somebody bowling wide outside off stump (RHB taking wide run up over the wicket and angling it across a LHB) with all 9 fielders on the off side. Even taking off stump guard and coming down the wicket there was no way I could hit the ball into the vacant onside and there was obvious barely a gap in the offside. They effect is equivalent to bodyline.

• No chat interface - Maybe voice would be too much to ask (*cough* Steamworks is free *cough*), but there's absolutely zero way of messaging people either in lobby or in game even via text. This makes organising games a bit of a nightmare?
  • No mention of host user in browser - If you can't join a game, you have no way of knowing for sure who is the host to inform them of them problem. ust add the host name on the game search results page.
  • No colour coding on Friends page - "Offline" & "Online" look very similar. Please colour code those who are offline, online, starting a game and already playing a game. Also consider ordering the friends list by current status (online at top, offline at bottom)
  • Missing statistics - No bowling average (runs/wickets) or bowling strike rate (balls/wickets) stats despite batsmen equivalents. No overall Win/Lose/Tie etc statistics.
  • Quitters - No penalty for those who regularly fail to complete matches.
  • No squad alteration - While I appreciate the need to avoid people being able to enter games with modified stats, couldn't altered names be carried across? Equally you can't use saved roster so you have to change the line up manually to your preferred team every single match.
  • No saving/loading of Test Matches/Ashes mode - What is the point of these time consuming modes being made available for online play without this option?

I sincerely hope Transmission don't let us down as the BLC2007 developers did with the "Yes, we'll patch it.... oh, no we won't" disappointment. However, I am increasingly optimistic.

There is no sense of achievement when getting a bowled or LBW because mostly they occur because of WRONG FOOTWORK BUG or ridiculous shot selection BLIC 07 LBWs and BOWLED were quite realistic when compare to AC09.

One thing I noticed in the WII version that the ball dont pitch on the circle necessarily and infact the pitch marker changes its position for bad bowlers quite often (can this be implemented in PC/console version?) I know some sort of this feature is the there but the variability level is non existence making it useless.

Bowling a bouncer never feels like it gonna hurt batsmen (especially when the batsmen play backfoot drive) can you increase the pace of the bouncers so that batsmen keep remain on toes.

Last thing when the ball is on their way to the keeper it feels like 105-110k ball even if it bowled at 150ks.

EarlCG, that was an excellent post!

Oh and on a side note? Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracles, my PC copy has finally been dispatched! Thanks to Zavvi. :banana2

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Ability to save test matches online should be there in patch.

P.S: WhiteHornMatt sound like White-Horny-mate:p:p

Yes - saving test matches online would be an awesome addition! Please consider it, Transmission: this is a game about Test matches, so it would be logical.

The main two that need to be fixed are;

1. Run outs
2. Good length bowling and good length deliveries that dont go miles over the stumps

They won't be able to fix everything!

I have a few more ideas, since they're doing a patch anyways.

Make it so that the batsman can move all over the crease. Currently you can take an offstump guard to a guard about a foot past legstump. Can the ranges be increased, so that the 'wideline' issue in Online games becomes a non-issue?

Secondly, seeing as all the stats are already being recorded in the game, could it be possible to create a section where we can access them? Where we can see our game stats to date, stats for individual players, etc. Also, their is a wagon wheel function in the game, and a hawkeye at the end of the over. Can we access these at any point during the match?

The main two that need to be fixed are;

1. Run outs
2. Good length bowling and good length deliveries that dont go miles over the stumps

They won't be able to fix everything!

I'd add edges that carry more often to that list and we'll pretty much be there; the AI's running also needs fixing if they often don't run when there are runs on offer. That's only four things: perfectly manageable. :)

when will the beta patch be released?

No one knows if there will be a beta patch - that was just a suggestion of mine, as far as I know...

I have a few more ideas, since they're doing a patch anyways.

Make it so that the batsman can move all over the crease. Currently you can take an offstump guard to a guard about a foot past legstump. Can the ranges be increased, so that the 'wideline' issue in Online games becomes a non-issue?

Secondly, seeing as all the stats are already being recorded in the game, could it be possible to create a section where we can access them? Where we can see our game stats to date, stats for individual players, etc. Also, their is a wagon wheel function in the game, and a hawkeye at the end of the over. Can we access these at any point during the match?

Good idea, but I'm thankful that you can still move anywhere in the crease so late into the bowler's run up! First cricket game I've ever played where you could do that.

The two main problems that I have with this game are:-

1) AI slogging in Test Match. Needs to be addressed.
2) The number of run outs.

Other than that this game is brilliant and would be near perfect if these issues are sorted.

Another issue is that short-cover is apparently a very effective catching position. Maybe edit the engine a bit to prevent less shots going in the air straight to it?

Another issue is that short-cover is apparently a very effective catching position. Maybe edit the engine a bit to prevent less shots going in the air straight to it?

I agree, but I don't think it'll be fixed. I just don't put a man there.

Users who are viewing this thread