Your Cricket Whats your high score in Cricket

I don't really agree with these sort of threads on here because they just seem to provoke lies and boasting. It amazes me, when looking through the thread, how many future international stars we have on planetcricket, so what i say is why don't we get them all together, all the people who have hit 200 not out in 20 20 games, and then taken 10 wickets for 0 runs, and have the World XI vs the Planetcricket XI...with the class of cricketers on here we are sure to win comprehensively...i would like to thank the honest people for actually being honest, and not boasting such massive unrealistic scores...

Another thread like this is the "Your Fastest Delivery" thread...there is countless number of bowlers on there who are hitting 85mph at the age of 4...
85 mph at the age of 4? I never hit 85 mph (except for when I was looping down my spinners, they were about that slow). If you can't beat the speed of light before you hit puberty you should seriously consider giving up or becoming a batsman.

High score for the season now is 59. Got it yesterday, opposition weren't great, and I was given a lot of gifts mind you.

My highscore in a friendly game is 7 but in a league game my top score is 6*. I hit 4 yesterday, so my batting is coming along. I am doing pretty well considering i've played less than 10 games of cricket in my life :D

I wouldn't say 190 odd isn't out the equation. I know a guy who in u15s scored 191 not out from 130 balls in club juniors cricket (60 over 2 day games). Was towards the end of 2005. His in the emerging NSW blues side for u16s now.

My school in Chennai was really small. Only about 320 students. They had the dumbest system for selecting teams in sports. They based everything on what you did during lunch time. Since I was fat and didnt have much cricket exposure at home, I was horrible during lunch time I wasnt even considered for team tryouts.

I was horrible with Tennis ball so I never got picked though I consider myself a failry decent #3 or 4 bat. With tennis ball I played once for fun in my grandma's village. hit 44*. The score of 70 something was chased by then.

WIth hard ball my highest is 12* at cricket coaching in Chennai. I had only been in the coaching for about 4 months but was a keeper who could bat so they put me in the 2nd highest level by the end of my 3rd month. Because of this I came to bat #8. We needed about 25 to win from 5 overs. I came in, stood around for a bout 3 balls and drove the 4th ball down the ground for 4! That was probably my happiest hard ball moment! After that I just got singles, a double and a triple. Was at the non striker's end when we scored the last run off the 2nd last ball. Truly exciting stuff that day.

I got hit in the face below my left eye while keeping up to the stumps for a medium pacer who told me he was bowling spin. Was cut and bleeding for a few min. Never went without a helmet ever since! But that hit took away any fear I had for a cricket ball.

That was a bout 8 years ago in case you were wondering. Since then ive been in the US and haven't had much cricket though I have all my gear.

my higest is 46* of 24 balls let of abgout 3 times shared a hundred partnership with my opening partner. next highest is about 36 hoping to get some runs for my clubs 3rds today after a duck last week.

best bwoling fguers 4overs -3 maidens - 2 wickets - 4 runs (it was one scoring shot a 4)

and im the best bwoler for my clubs 2XI

Last edited:
my higest is 46* of 24 balls let of abgout 3 times shared a hundred partnership with my opening partner. next highest is about 36 hoping to get some runs for my clubs 3rds today after a duck last week.

best bwoling fguers 4overs -3 maidens - 2 wickets - 4 runs (it was one scoring shot a 4)

and im the best bwoler for my clubs 2XI

Apparently not if you've been dropped to the 3's ;)

Beat my high score today with a breathtaking 9 :P Takes my tally of runs for my first season past 30 :D. I opened the batting today also :D Quite a quick rise tbh, from never have lifted a cricket bat before january to opening the batting in a competitive game in July lol. Its going well :D

Apparently not if you've been dropped to the 3's ;)

there wasnt a seconds game my figures were
5-0-26-1 could only bowl 5 on the trott took a stunning caught nd bowled and had a catch droped at gully

Aww im so proud, my little cousin whos 10, has just scored 18* and bowled a beautiful inswinging ball which crumpled the stumps (Not literally) He really can get the ball to swing and seam, i hope he keeps up with it and not be dragged into the whole fun of soccer! But first time hes got into double figures, AND first wicket he has taken, i was dancing on the boundry :D
It isnt me, but its the bloody first time ive been excited by another person match for a while :p

Last edited:
Here in NJ you cant play cricket unless your in your mid 30's, then you can play for the "unofficial NJ cricket team" which the games are played in the park, right around where i live.

But when i play occasional games with my family and friends (both play together), i am pretty good. We make teams of 7.
My highest score is 117, unofficially (my little cousin was keeping score)

I still remember the ball that destroyed my stumps. My father ( a medium fast left armer) bowled a ball that I thought was going straight down to leg side, I took a huge swing and the ball turned and clapped my mid stump.

That was a year back, currently we don't play a lot, i just practice my techniques couple days a week.

Now when I went to Guyana (home country) i'm just horrible against my uncles, who play village cricket. My high was 8, and they gave me 3 chances:(

Users who are viewing this thread