when 20/20 isn't 20/20!

TangoCharlie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
there was I thinking I was playing a T20 game. Really going for it, banging the ball around. Got to the twentieth over and realised I have another 30 to play! Ooops!
Still, Essex are 126/3 after that twentieth over!
haha!
have you ever done that?
tc

I've done the opposite, batted very defensivitly only to realize its not a fifty over match.So I end up with a t/t score of like 120

I havent done that but one day i wasnt paying attention and picked my first class team for a one day game. didnt really work to well :p

I've done the opposite, batted very defensivitly only to realize its not a fifty over match.So I end up with a t/t score of like 120

I've done similar stuff. And also with organising the overs my bowlers bowl too.

I once got sick of having a weak lower order in ODI's (No good regen A/R's) so I put one of my bowlers in to open for a whole tri-series (Averaged 11). He didn't do too badly though, top scoring with 36 from 32 balls.

I also used my test team for an ODI, but I still won comfortably, because I had a few good part-timers.

i do it all the time. :) always fail to realize what game im playing. get confused between any and every form of the game.

TangoCharlie was luckier than me. I was playing the 8 T20 cup matches in the T20 championship and after some matches i had to play a CC match. I played very aggressively and got bowled out for 90-odd runs in the first session. Luckily i realized what was happening and came back strongly to win the match after that. This happened in ICC 2005 Ashes.I had two overseas players in Kaneria and Harbhajan Singh and it was a turning pitch so i won by an innings and 100-odd runs.

One tip... Just play pro40 like t20. After 20 overs if you have lost too many wickets finish the the remaining game like you finish a 50 over match. If not just keep going aggressively.

Ive done this on numerous occasions, i remember batting out all 20 overs for around 50 without noticing that it was 20/20 not a first class match

I've confused FC with OD matches, like started attacking then realised it was a 4 day game not an OD one!

i normally open a 50 over game like a 20/20 game anyway, well, on icc 06 where its realistic! if i lose an opener i play the rest of the batsman like a normal 50 over game, but both openers have to be aggressive right from the off, and i choose 2 who are on top form, even if there not an opener, if they are on 5 star form, they open on aggressive, if one person gets in and the rest play like they normally would you easily get over 300

Users who are viewing this thread