Which is the best antivirus and why?

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i went over this section and didn't see any thread relating best antivirus.
Long time ago i read somewhere that there are antivirus programs that are much better than norton internet security 2005.
Some said Norton antivirus 2005 just antivirus is better than having norton internet security installed.
which anti virus program you guys prefere using? or you guys are using?
thanks

Man i have norton internet security.....but i heard norton antivirus 2005 is better norton internet security 2005. is it right?

screenshot.gif

Doctor Spyware 3.2

Award-winning spyware protection to secure your PC against privacy and tracking threats. One of the most popular spyware removal and real-time protection tools on the market. Spyware Doctor is a top-rated malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes and protects your PC from thousands of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, spybots and tracking threats.

But it's not a Antivirus Protection Program :D

Avast it seems have been somewhere voted the Best antivirus program. It has a 1 year free home users registration...after that, i dont know how much it costs.

i use it and so far, it has been very good. it has real time protection and there are 6 real time protection (web, ftp, p2p, IM, Outlook shield, Network shield)... go to avast.com to download it and register it for free for home use.

also it combines well with web root spy sweeper which has a free trial (have to buy for full version!), Spybot (free), ad aware (free personal edition). Having all these will ensure maximum protection for ur pc.

Norton Anti Virus easily. It is rated as the best because it can pick up most virus. I haven't been infected by any of the big virus.

Don't use McAfee. I knew someone who worked at McAfee, and at McAfee, they don't even use their own virus software on their computers. Should tell you something.

andrew_nixon said:
Don't use McAfee. I knew someone who worked at McAfee, and at McAfee, they don't even use their own virus software on their computers. Should tell you something.

Cheers,Ill try to switch to Norton,Ive also got it but it isnt installed atm.Thanks again.

i used Panda Antivirus ! :p quite good though.

but i have uninstalled it lately as it used to slow down my computer which i cant tolerate :D

Panda what a funny name :)
Its worth spending the money to buy a good anti virus protector. Given if you get a virus you would have to spend 4 times the amount of an anti virus program to repair it. It just ain't worth it.

AVG free edition, alongside Microsoft AntiSpyware works a treat. :D

Users who are viewing this thread