Your Cricket Which is the best Cricket Helmet?

Yes, but once you get hit it damages the helmet so you need to change it.

Didn't damage my helmet much.
When you watch batsman get hit in international matches you don't normally see the helmet being changed straight away because it's damaged, if it's any good it won't be damaged.

yes, ok, but the stabilty of the helmet decreases a lot, therefore if you get hit again the ball would crash through your helmet, you cant see the damage most of the times....

They don't generally break after being hit once, but as the-leggie said, the strength can be decreased and since the companies have to use a disclaimer they just say replace after a single blow to avoid being sued if someone is hit for the second time and gets seriously injured.

A bit of common sense needs to be used when deciding whether or not to replace a helmet after it's been hit.

If its on the grill then just check the fixtures\screws etc for damage but the actual helmet should be fine. If you get hit on the helmet then you need to inspect it carefully for any small\hairline cracks, dents or other visible damage.

Even if everything appears fine to the naked eye I'd still be cautious about when and how I use that helmet in future, if you're facing anything over 70mph I'd recommend a new helmet. However, if you're facing stuff slower than that or only keeping wicket you'll probably get away with another blow or two.

It's obviously easy to change a helmet if you're a pro or get them cheap but it's your health at the end of the day and I'm sure that's more important than a game of cricket.

Well I think it's unlikely that i'll be killed to be honest.
Most players in my clubs league don't wear helmets, I do just because I don't like beamers, but if you can play without a helmet, having a helmet that has been 'damaged' isn't life threatning for me, as I said, when I was hit it was about 60 MPH beamer, but it's impossible to gauge the pace of a bowler for me, I just know if it's too quick to wear a helmet or not.

If I get killed i'll let you know.

To be perfectly honest I don't really care if you wear a helmet or not but I offered up some advice, which I'm sure you'll see and hear repeatedly around the business.

Helmets are designed in a way that means that they need all parts in sound order to function properly, a weak or damaged part will mean that the integrity is compromised. Just because you're unable to see that damage doesn't mean it's not there.

It's not damaged mate, I could drop it from a sky scraper i'd still wear it.
If you throw a cricket ball at my helmet it makes exactly the same noise than it did when I tested it, yes I threw cricket balls at my helmet to see if the screws held, and when I got hit batting, I didn't die.

But nah, I reckon it's alright, as I say i've only been hit once in my life and if I get hit again i'll be in a better position than the people who weren't wearing a helmet.
And I bat at 11.

Can I ask did anyone with a Woodworm helmet claim a refund when Pietersen lost his helmet in the WI series :p?

Can I ask did anyone with a Woodworm helmet claim a refund when Pietersen lost his helmet in the WI series :p?

in my opinion, the woodworm helmets are ridiculous, i mean having velcrow straps against the likes of shoaib akhtar and shane bond, oh i cant wait till i see and woodworm user get hit on the helmet by a fast bowler....not that i want to see them hurt or anything, its just that i want to see if its gonna be a 'deja vu' of the pietersen incident..:p

i like the new gray nicholls helmets, which some ot the indians are wearing in this series, i think strauss, panesar, jaffer and dravid use it.

Yeah, looks nice, good square jawline on the guard, lots of ventilation.
And I had a closer look at one yesterday. Nice inside and well priced, the downside is the chin strap is just an adjustable strap, no clippy bit.

I need to know, I am going to get a senior helmet (despite being thirteen) because my hair is like Monty's. My helmet right now is an old and heavy one but from pics i reckon it is kinda like the fit of the masuri. I don't mind spending up to ?100 on my helmet so, I have to ask which one would be better for me, Masuri Titanium or Albion Ti22?

Users who are viewing this thread