surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To those who are using Win 8.1, do you guys face problem with movie maker not getting launched?

For me, I am never able to start and it always crashes with some XXXX0045 error. Tried the MS support forums, uninstalled-reinstalled and did everything that they asked me to do but it was of no help.

Anyone facing this issue? Just curious whether this is some known bug or something.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To those who are using Win 8.1, do you guys face problem with movie maker not getting launched?

For me, I am never able to start and it always crashes with some XXXX0045 error. Tried the MS support forums, uninstalled-reinstalled and did everything that they asked me to do but it was of no help.

Anyone facing this issue? Just curious whether this is some known bug or something.

Works fine for me.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Works fine for me.

Okay Thank you, probably I will send my logs to their live support and check what is wrong. I am guessing some 64 bit/32 bit version issues, let me check with MS support. Thanks again.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
My computer is 3 years old and i have installed and un installed several games and softwares and still my computer runs as it has been running from the beginning. Mac is easy to use and good in its own ways but if game is your criteria and honestly boot camping windows isn't great, Mac will be of less use as many games are not compatible with MAC. Probably an Alienware for gaming and software, a Macbookpro for browsing and general purpose would be the best thing to do. :)
I think its a windows 7 problem. i also get this problem in my old pc.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Within 6 months of using windows software the PC becomes slow.

To be fair, a lot of that depends on what/how you install and/or manage your applications. Someone who knows a thing or two about computers can manage to keep that boot time consistent.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
^ Don't understand the significance of facepalm there....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Wow so fast? How awesome
I'd say an SSD boot drive is the absolute best performance upgrade you can give a PC, and combined with Windows 8.1, will get you boot speeds like that on pretty much any PC.

If you count from pressing the power button, mine boots in about 20 seconds, while from the end of the BIOS stuff to being in Windows is about 7.

I use an Intel SSD - which cost me $90 for a 120GB model - it has been enough for me as a boot drive, having most of my software and a few games on it, with a big regular hard drive for storage beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread