Hi all

in my opinion

1) Inzy

2) Ponting

3) Lara

4) Dravid

5) Viv-Richards

I think thats a fair enough list.

Inzy had two exclusive net sessions with bond after which he declared that bond n waqar are the best pacers of his generation . Bond said that like srinath, lee, donald, williams, bish n many others he agrees that inzis the best against pace.

Sachin as been humilihated agaisnt some very fast pace bowlers, Lee, Bond, Akthar have all embarresed him, he is chicken sh!t at pace bowling the way he bounces and hops around like a PUJKARA, not one best batsmen of the game.

I mean what could you really give CREDIT to Sachin and I'm not speaking about man of the match awards.

We all know he flops in big occasions and when the team most needs him, not one of the best players in this era, Ponting, Dravid, Lara and Inzy overtakes him by a mile, this man just plays for records.

I'm sure you all will agree on that, its not only me but a lot of my Pakistani brothers.

Last edited:

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol..you're going to be under fire by many people in this forum. I'm sure this thread is going to be locked...
good luck mate! and please stop posting BS.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Exactly! Stop posting nonsense yaar. Sachin getting hit by fast bowlers is a very rare sight. The last time it happened was in Pakistan when Akthar hit him in his helmet.

But the way he has thwacked the fast bowlers, you want any mention? Ask Shoaib Akthar to recall one WC2003 match in Centurion, ask Glen Mc Grath to recall one match from the ICC Champions Trophy 2000 where Tendulkar thrashed him!

Well coming to that list, I have never seen Viv Richards batting. Lara, I dont think so. Ponting is good, but Australians are always known to play fast bowling well. Inzy - may be yeah but tough choice!

I go with Rahul Dravid!

Best play

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Don't forget asking a certain Andy Caddick or a Heath Davis who's career he ended...

varunvgiri

Club Cricketer
Someone please lock this thread up.... I dont even want to bother answering to such idiotic questions not to mention the abuse on Sachin.

Priyakant

Banned for Account Faking
Why Sachin is a sissy girl at pace.

1. ME:-

Another example, when akhtar was asked whos the best of his generation, he always said lara( this is before ICC 2004). And again lots of desparate indians asked how can hew say lara when hes never faced him to which he replied "NETS". These ppl are superstars, who, i'm sure can arrange net sessions whenever they want, wherever they want, be i9t lara flying him to trini or akhtar flying him to pak.

2. MAJID:-( my Pakistani frined)

Interstingly, I do remember an interview of Inzamam on ARY a couple of years or so back, where he was praising Shane Bond and went on to say that he rated Bond as the modern day Waqar Younis.. (putting him ahead of both Shoaib and Lee).

Not that I was previously aware of Inzamam having had a net session with Bond, but given that Inzy hasn't faced Bond in either ODI or test cricket... the fact is, for Inzamam to go out of his way and praise Bond so highly - you would think that Inzamam wouldn't be making his judgement purely on watching Bond on tv..at some point he is likely to have faced him , so I see no reason to doubt Nadeem's claims, Inzy might well have faced Bond in a net session (maybe on the sidelines of a World XI-Asia XI match, a charity match or Inzy might have gone on a private visit to NZ ? who's to say..)

Inzamam is one of the best batsmen around when playing against pure pace -- sure he has his weaknesses, but they are more often against the seaming/swinging ball early in his innings... rarely will you see Inzamam being beaten for PACE.
If anything, where Inzamam stands out is how much time he has to play against quick bowling.. making his strokes look effortless, both off front and back foot.

The most important thing for a batsman, when facing genuine pace is to be able to control your nerves and remain calm (mentally relaxed).. and in my mind, the two batsmen who stand out in the last 20 or so years in this respect, are Viv Richards and Inzamam.

In comparision, you will see players like Tendulkar who for all their 'mathematical' greatness and perfection in technique, when up against bowling of genuine hostility.. time and again we've seen, Tendulkar is visibly under stress, is tense at the crease (as can be seen in his body language), plays nervous looking strokes and basically, loses his composure... at times he might even show fake aggression - as if to prove that he isn't really scared of pace... but unfortunately, some emotions can't be hidden easily.

Going back to what Imran Khan repeatedly says about Inzamam being the best player of pace, he is hinting at the courage and fearlessness of Inzamam, his abilty to remain calm and relaxed, even when facing a bowler of genuine pace! its quite rare to find batsmen with these qualities.

3. MAJID:-( my pakistani freind)

Saj, I agree.. if anything, I would highlight Sachin Tendulkar here - because he's one of the few players I can think of in modern day cricket (Kallis and Dravid being the other ones) who have the techniques to have maybe being able to survive against bowlers of the calibre of Marshall, Holding , Roberts , Thommo, Lillee etc.. but despite this, I think Tendulkar would have been made to look ordinary against those bowlers, for no other reason but his 'womanly' (excuse me for being sexist) temperament.

Marshall, Holding, Roberts, .. these were bowlers who were not just frighteningly quick but they were hostile, aggressive, intimidating and would have batsmen in fear of their lives, even before they walked out to the middle.. (in fact, if I remember correct.. wasn't there one test where four Indian batsmen 'retired hurt' , purely because they didn't want to go out and face Holding ? ).

To face bowlers like that, more so than technique or ability.. you would need the courage of a lion and be able to look at your opponent in the eye, and frankly without being disrespectful to Tendulkar, mentally he would be torn apart by those guys - they would bully and intimidate him into submission. It would only take one bouncer by Marshall on Tendulkar's helmet, followed up with a verbal.. ie,: "bomberkaaat! listen man, get out or i'm gonna send you off on a stretcher" and somehow I can imagine Tendulkar might well end up doing something similar to what he did against Shoaib Akhtar recently (walked off when he clearly wasn't out, before the umpire even made a decision! thats what FEAR can do.).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
well Priyakant,

I really dont understand how can u tell that Sachin(one of the best in the world) that he doesnt knw to strike the fast bowlers,he is getting hit by the helmet...so and so...etc!!!

Do u knw one thing?????
LARA played with the bat autographed by Sachin!!!

Dont u remeber????

INDIA VS PAKISTAN in 2003 W.C(where Sachin took ahthar off the attack in just one over!!!!!)

INDIA VS ENGLAND in 2003 W.C(where Sachin hit a big six off caddick after some critics from Caddick before the match)

India Vs Australia( many matches like Sharjah,sydney test,ICC champion trophy held in Dhaka and many many matches)

U can keep on saying the matches where Sachin was aggressive in his treatments versus the fast bowlers!!!!!

So better knw the stats and come and post here!!!!! U were the one who said Inzi is the best...and wht hpnd???? tht thread is closed!!!!! becos its not the fact!!!!

Similarly this thread would be closed if u continue these wrong sayings abt the one of the best....

Better knw cricket or try to knw the correct things and express it to others!!!!!

Any moderators reading this thread plz close it!!!!! Dont compare players...Everyone hve the unique way of playing their game(This was mentioned by Sachin itself!!!!).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I dont think the mods would close this thread becoz i have a sneaky feeling they will consider this as constructive argument but where they is nothing constructive about priyakant's posts.

my last reply on this! I'M OFF!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
well, i also go with u...

there is nothing constructive.... as everyone who knws the cricket well, knw whts truth and whts not!!!!

This is my final reply on this!!!! I dont want to waste any more time by replying to this topic!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread